Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MassCops Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with a sheduling issue? We currently work a 6 on 3 off work schedule. We are getting tired of working 6 days a week. We want to keep the 3 days off with rotating days off. Does anyone have a schedule that accomplishes that? Is there a way to rotate a 4 on 3 off schedule?
Thanks!

·
Subscribing Member
4,315 Posts
I have heard of a 5 and 3 first week and then 5 and 2 the second week and keeps rotating. We have 4 and 2 but North Reading PD has a 4 on 4 off with 10 hr days, sweet.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,657 Posts
You guys should join AFSCME. They can get you a 5/2 like the broom-pushers and pencil-pushers.
:lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
My department's midnight shift works 3 on/3 off, 8hr shifts. The rest of the dept works 16hrs (8a-midnite) and has either 3 or 4 days off in a row.

·
Subscribing Member
3,231 Posts
11.5 hrs shifts. Work Mon-Tues, off Wed-Thurs, work Fri-Sat-Sun, off Mon-Tues, work Wed-Thurs, off Fri-Sat-Sun. 2 week work cycle- You end up only working 1/2 of the year with every other Fri-Sat-Sun off. Every other week, you only work Wed-Thurs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
we have put together a work schedule that gives you 4 days off one week and 3 days off the next. the question is how many people are in your department ?? and how many hours are you working a day 8,10,12??

·
Registered
131 Posts
My Department Has a Funny schdule but you get alot of time off.. Let me try to explain this..

You would go in tonight and work midnight to 8AM then work 4-midnight.
you get midnight to midnight off and again work midnight - 8AM and 4-midnight.
you then have 2 days off and you dont go back in to that third night

It is a great Schdule PM me if you don't have a clue what i just said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts