Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MassCops Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of setting up scenario training for my department. I was wondering if any other departments have done this and what the results were.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
As a campus Department one of the best was conducted by Basher Tactical. "response to an active shooter". It was attended by many surrounding P.D.'s to include Brockton SWAT. nearly every officer thought it was an eye-opener and realistic!
:wink:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't know what Basher charged your PD but the State Police STOP Team runs that same training for the cost of simunition used (in other words, very minimal, about $100). They have trained over 150 PD's in the state. If anyone is interested please get in touch with Lt. Cary Maroni of the STOP Team at 413-378-1125.

·
Subscribing Member
771 Posts
msp357 said:
I don't know what Basher charged your PD but the State Police STOP Team runs that same training for the cost of simunition used (in other words, very minimal, about $100). They have trained over 150 PD's in the state. If anyone is interested please get in touch with Lt. Cary Maroni of the STOP Team at 413-378-1125.
I had the privilege of taking this course offered by the MSP. It was by far the best training experience I have ever had. Nothing beats being shot back at to make it realistic. The MSP STOP team training was top shelf.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Oh Shit!!!!!

I can't believe we screwed up and paid Basher Tactical for a comprehensive, realistic, get shot at by M-4's (blanks) came-out-sweating-with-pissed pants scenarios.

At least the $$$ did go to a Massachusetts based enterprise (good for the economy)

It's good to know about the MSP STOP team providing such training. Cuz I believe Basher Tactical is currently closed due to majority of their Staff being involved in Iraq/Afganistan.
:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.