San Diego police officer shot in City Heights: one suspect remains at large | MassCops

San Diego police officer shot in City Heights: one suspect remains at large

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Aug 7, 2011.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Click image to enlarge

SAN DIEGO (CNS/News 8) - A San Diego police officer was hospitalized Saturday afternoon with a shotgun wound that was allegedly fired by a passenger in a black Audi, according to police and media reports.
    The officer was shot at approximately 5:30 p.m., in City Heights in the vicinity of University Avenue and 45th Street, police said. The officer was taken to Scripps Mercy Hospital.
    Late Saturday evening, fellow officers expressed their condolences on social media sites like Facebook to the family of Officer Jeremy Henwood, who they said had died.

San Diego police officer shot in City Heights: one suspect remai - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

Another Article:
    Police officer shot in head in unprovoked attack; 1 gunman slain | SignOnSanDiego.com

2. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]August 17, 2011
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: mid"]Video: Slain cop's touching final act

Officer Jeremy Henwood bought a boy cookies from McDonald’s the last time he was seen alive
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: mid"]By PoliceOne Staff

SAN DIEGO — Police have released a McDonald's security camera video that shows an officer's final good deed shortly before he was fatally shot while sitting inside his patrol car.
    Officer Jeremy Henwood was killed in an unprovoked attack just six blocks from the McDonald’s, making it the last place he would have been seen alive, according to NBC San Diego.

Henwood is seen purchasing cookies for a 13-year-old young man who had approached him and asked him questions about his job — a small but generous act that speaks to the character of the fallen hero.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

video:
    Video: Slain cop's touching final act

3. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

As I've said many times, San Diego is my home town. When I was last living there in 2002, I lived 5 minutes from the spot where Jeremy Henwood lost his life. San Diego PD is a classy agency, and they have some tough areas to patrol with a population three times that of Boston. City Heights can be one of the tougher areas in the city with plenty of gang activity. The fact that he was willing to take the time out to talk with, encourage, and buy cookies for a young boy in that neighborhood, speaks to his character. He will not be forgotten.

Rest easy brother.

4. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

5. K917

K917 MassCops Member

Rip brother