Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possession of a current and valid Massachusetts Class D Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
Appointee must: A) be eligible for appointment as a Special Police Officer under Massachusetts General Laws; B) be able to pass a psychological fitness examination prior to hire; C) be able to obtain and maintain a Massachusetts License to Carry (LTC) Class A High Capacity Firearms License; D) be able to qualify bi-annually with required duty weapon; and E) be able to pass a comprehensive physical examination which includes drug screening prior to hire; F) be able to successfully complete and pass a physical agility test prior to hire; and G) be able to successfully complete and pass a police recruit academy; H) submit to ethics training as dictated by the Commonwealth and successfully pass an applicable examination.

Job Description:
Patrols building and grounds; exercises police powers and prepares reports on investigations; enforces parking regulations; and performs police duties at the university; guides and directs general public; operates office equipment; teletypes, radios, typewriters; keep, prepare and review a variety of information gathering forms and reports. Performs other related duties as required.

Weekly Pay: $752.71

JOB CLOSE DATE: 04-08-2013

Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the University. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.https://jobs.salemstate.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1364662469539

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
Hey Woody!

FUCK SSPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to make you happy! ;) We all need to smile now and then!

Reactions: Goose and tsunami

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haha I know fuck SSPO and all that but as a beggar I can't be a chooser. Does anyone know what it's like to work here? It sounds like they sponsor academy attendance "G) be able to successfully complete and pass a police recruit academy" and that's a huge plus.

Thanks!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Haha I know fuck SSPO and all that but as a beggar I can't be a chooser. Does anyone know what it's like to work here? It sounds like they sponsor academy attendance "G) be able to successfully complete and pass a police recruit academy" and that's a huge plus.

Thanks! [/

they send to the T academy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the academy info samadam that's welcome news. And yeah I'm not foolish enough to think I can just pick and choose. I'm applying to every viable option and crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some additional info about the dept:

-Armded
-Ch.90
-Sworn in SSPO
-Sworn in for City of Salem
-Dept Details
-Salem Details (if Salem does not fill them)
-Sends recruits to the full time academy
-Benefits are excellent

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
The state universities are not screwing around by and large. Someone above has realized that reality is something that has to be faced and the cops are the beneficiaries, as well as the college community.

I'd rather have two cops who would gladly rush to save my ass, than 20 who would understandably run the other way to save theirs. No gun, RUN! common sense.

Reactions: Joel98
1 - 10 of 10 Posts