Salem State University - Multiple vacancies | MassCops

Salem State University - Multiple vacancies

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by glennyoung, Jan 9, 2020.

1. glennyoung

glennyoung New Member

SSU is putting a new list together for multiple vacancies.

General Statement of Duties

Salem State University police officers are expected to exercise police powers and perform law enforcement duties including: foot, bicycle, personal transporter and vehicle patrol of Salem State University properties, respond to calls for service, render emergency medical aid, investigate matters and prepare preliminary, supplemental and follow-up investigative reports, issue parking, traffic, civil citations, file criminal complaints and summonses with the court, make custodial arrests, assist in the prosecution of violators of law, operate office equipment and computer systems, provide mutual aid to outside law enforcement agencies, provide crime prevention information, develop partnerships with the community and serve as a proactive resource to a uniquely diverse community, and professionally handle any other duties as assigned. Officers may work as part of a security detail for university special and athletic events including events working with other law enforcement agencies for dignitaries visiting the campus. Officers have the opportunity to participate in a number of assignments such as patrol officer, bicycle officer, residence hall liaison officer, detective, field training officer, use of force instructor, range instructor, officer-in-charge, honor guard and other various assignments. Campus Police Officers should have the ability to work extended hours on varying shifts under a variety of conditions and at times under stressful circumstances.

All Salem State campus police officers attend municipal police academy training and have full police authority on campus and throughout the town of Salem. The department enforces all state laws, including motor vehicle laws, as well as university rules and regulations.

Shift, Days Off and Meal Break: TBD by shift bidding process; subject to change according to departmental needs. Must be available for off-shift overtime, including compulsory callbacks.

Salary: $899.81 weekly/$46,790.38 annually

Please Note: This eligibility list will be accepting and processing applications on a rolling basis. This posting will be valid until December 31, 2020.

Follow the link below for the full description and to apply:
    Careers

2. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

How often do they get details and OT? What’s the max pay for a PO and at how many years?

3. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

It’s the crapiest union united with the janitors. They have 14 years to max our and they don’t bring in anyone at higher step unless you had state service. Shit retirement have to work till 67. No IOD, just worker’s compensation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Ah yes, AFSCME.......................
    Association of Fools Scheming to Cheat Mass Employees. These are the asshats with over 2000+ members in the local #1067 that threw away two members careers/lives for political favors. Yeah, do these folks look like they have ANY interest at all in representing the minority of their membership who are campus cops? Keep in mind the cops only make up 5% of the population in with the clerks, boiler plant operators, janitors, secretaries, groundskeepers, maintainers, etc.
    AFSCME.JPG
    Oh and these folks thought SSPO was a good idea too

5. Red

Red MassCops Member

From the last SSU thread:

Joel98 and mpd61 like this.
  6. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

Weren’t DOC Correctional Ofcs originally in AFSCME? Then the COs broke off and formed MCOFU. Have the campus cops thought about doing something similar?

mpd61 likes this.
  7. mpd61

Oh YEAH they did..............
    https://www.masscops.com/threads/afscme-is-mad-at-mclea.3074/

Please take the time to read the ENTIRE thread. It was a tragic ending when the LRC, politically influenced by the BHE and AFSCME contacts in the legislature, DENIED a vote. They did this nearly TWO YEARS after the hearings ended. Years of anguish and agony for nothing.
    BTW, The Suffolk County CO's severed from AFSCME months before this attempt. We followed their exact model and lost?
    FUCK SSPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    02136colonel likes this.
  8. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

mpd61 likes this.
  9. mpd61

Trust me as one intimately involved; Nobody in this Commonwealth at ANY level, will ever fight for only 170 employees that are viewed as security guards by their own administrators, legislature, L.E. peers, and the public they serve. Even after I left in 2006 for a Fed job, I testified at, and participated in many proceedings to support these brothers and sisters. I watched two good men lose their livelihoods and careers to these scheming, evil, self-important "people" who should NEVER have been able to sleep at night.
    Then again, maybe I'm just being too sensitive. But then again, I know a little about "survivors guilt".

Goose and 02136colonel like this.
  10. Gogo

Gogo New Member

Have anyone received an email from them? Or hear anything about?