Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The video shows Officer Lawrence Pulio getting out of his cruiser, grabbing a man by the throat and pulling him to the ground.

SALEM (WBZ) ― A Salem police officer is off the street after an arrest he made was posted on YouTube.

The video shows Officer Lawrence Puleo getting out of his cruiser, grabbing a man by the throat and pulling him to the ground.

Puleo is a 20-year veteran of the Salem police department.

The video (Warning: Video has swears in it.) sparked an internal look at what happened early Friday morning.

Sgt. Marc Berube said an officer had been assaulted by a bar patron earlier that night while making an arrest.

Sometime later, Puleo arrested 21-year-old Travis Markarian, and it was caught on video. "It's under investigation," said Berube. "I wasn't there and basically what we have right now is that video. We have been having problems up in that area with the bars getting out."

The 21-year-old is one of the four people that were arrested that night. Markarian is facing disorderly conduct, failure to disperse and resisting arrest charges.

Officer Puleo is now on administrative duty.

Sergeant Berube would not put a timetable on how long the investigation would take, he would only say it will be a very thorough one.

http://wbztv.com/local/salem.police.arrest.2.844893.html

·
Registered
601 Posts
The kid probably deserved an ass whooping but it is just a reminder the minute you take a poke at someone you are going to be videotaped> Also no one will ever see the whole thing, nor will care what led up to the event, and flush goes your job down the toilet..I hope it all works out for him. Any type of media pressure these days and it seems these departments wash their hands of you. Why does this loser have a camera? Perhaps a set up? A lot of these kids will antagonize you purposely to get a youtube video atthe expense of your career...Please be careful.. Protect yourselves and one another!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Perhaps a set up? A lot of these kids will antagonize you purposely to get a youtube video atthe expense of your career...Please be careful.. Protect yourselves and one another!!
Bingo guys and girls, you HAVE to watch out! We all know the "skater, punk kids" and how they try to push coppers buttons, this is their way at getting back at LEO's for "so much abuse" over their years. Trust me i've seen it.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Two Salem officers were also injured that same night by bar patrons who were refusing to clear out the downtown area. Downtown Salem is full of knuckleheads at night leaving all the small bars downtown. Last time I was home we got accosted by some idiot leaving Rockafellas for no reason whatsoever. These tools are all over the place down there.

·
Subscribing Member
771 Posts
Sounds like it is time for zero tolerance in Salem when dealing with these self entitled kids (yes kids, because they are not acting like adults).

Officer: Leave now you are being a disorderly person.

Suspect: I have rights, blah blah blah

Officer: You are under arrest. (The citizens of this City have rights to peace and quiet in their own community)

Suspect: Mommy that police officer was mean to me.

It will be more than a lot of work in the beginning, but the once the message is clear to the "not my kid" problems, the problem will drop drastically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts