Russian journalist and Kremlin critic Arkady Babchenko killed in Kiev | MassCops

Russian journalist and Kremlin critic Arkady Babchenko killed in Kiev

Discussion in 'Global News Coverage' started by FTH, May 30, 2018.

1. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

RIP War veteran, journalist, patriot, true mensch

H/t @Mikhail Iossel:
    "Arkady Babchenko. A fearless and brilliant journalist. Former soldier. Gravely wounded in Chechnya. Became one of Putin's most prominent and biting critics. Threatened with murder, had to leave Russia with his family, settled in Kiev. But Putin's Russia will get you in Kiev, too.
    It will get you in the UK. It will get you in DC. It will get you anywhere.

Just like Boris Nemtsov in 2015, he was killed with a shot in the back. Because Putin and his murderers are lowly rats.

Russian journalist and Kremlin critic killed in Kiev

2. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

'Murdered' Russian journalist says police faked his death to catch his assailant

Arkady Babchenko, a fiercely anti-Kremlin journalist who had been reported shot and killed in Kiev, showed up alive Wednesday at a news conference to explain that police faked his death to catch the man who ordered a hit on him.

To the applause and gasps of the press, Babchenko took the floor at the news conference in the Ukrainian capital and apologized to the friends and family — including his wife — who mourned for him and were unaware of the plan.

His wife, who was unaware of the plot, found him outside their apartment entrance Tuesday evening "bleeding" from what she thought were gunshot wounds to his back. As part of the ruse, police claimed he died in an ambulance en route to the hospital.

“I want to say sorry for what you felt. I had to bury my friends and colleagues many times,” Babchenko told reporters at the televised briefing at the offices of the Ukrainian Security Service, the Kyiv Post reports.
    'Murdered' Russian journalist says police faked his death to catch his assailant

3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Ballsy move that seemed to have worked.

I like how he looks forward to dancing on Putin's Grave! OUTSTANDING! That punk in Moscow cannot for 2 seconds, think we BELIEVE they haven't done everything they're accused of. Joe Stalin is smiling right now down there in Hell.

FTH likes this.
  4. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

It must've been pretty bad for him to let his wife to find him in pool of blood and letting her think he was dead. Russian killers know what they are doing ... it's incredible they got them before journalist was killed. Now he should run for real! Change his appearance and all ... because Putin really wants him dead now!

Putin doesn't care what we think or how many civilians will get poisoned by Russian designer nerve agent. BTW, Stalin's image was given a remake ... he is fairly almost popular in Russia now ... not as popular as shirtless botox ridden Vlad of course!

Kilvinsky likes this.
  5. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Beck Bennet on SNL does a FANTASTIC Putin, pretty much always without his shirt on. Very funny.

FTH likes this.