Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When running a standard R7 or Q2 on a VIN I've noticed that vehicles registered in MA are usually the only vehicles that come back. Vehicles with out of state plates are hit or miss. Does anyone know of a way to do a multi-state VIN check? I've heard SP on the radio in the past requesting a VIN check in all New England states... Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Do an RQ and for the destination enter A1 instead of the two letter state abbreviation (I think that is NE states) There should be a list of the areas, each one covers 5 or 6 states broken up into regions. (i.e. A1, A2, A3 etc...)

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Another thing that I just noticed out of boredom...minimize the LEAPS screen and click on the "VIN Assist" Icon, that will give you information about the car the VIN was registered to.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Another thing that I just noticed out of boredom...minimize the LEAPS screen and click on the "VIN Assist" Icon, that will give you information about the car the VIN was registered to.
VIN Assist is a big help with RI REG's because the dam RI RMV does not list the model on the TT only the year color and make. Anytime we a get a BOLO for a RI REG we need to use VIN Assist to find out just what exactly we are looking for. Maybe someday RI RMV will realize the necessity to add this to the TT printout.

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
If your just hanging out infront of a LEAPS terminal, cut and paste your VIN number from your own R5 screen into the VIN assist screen. You can find out where your car was built, what building in what plant, its pretty interesting.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mikey682 @ Wed 20 Oct said:
If your just hanging out infront of a LEAPS terminal, cut and paste your VIN number from your own R5 screen into the VIN assist screen. You can find out where your car was built, what building in what plant, its pretty interesting.
Mikey you got way to much time on your hands! :wink:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mikey.
Where did all this usful infromation come from you were never this helpful before. If you got anymore of those tricks send them my way i always find them helpful....

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
FRPD, It was part of my DEAN-LEC training. Tactical stuff, I'd tell you more but your not in my response jurisdiction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts