Roxboro, NC Police OIS, Suspect Armed With Sawed-Off Shotgun | MassCops

Roxboro, NC Police OIS, Suspect Armed With Sawed-Off Shotgun

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Articles' started by EUPD377, Jul 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. EUPD377

EUPD377 Southern Campus Cop

Not often do we get to see one of these videos from my neck of the woods. My department is currently sending officers to Roxboro due to large protests and threats against officers due to this shooting, even after the (clear) video came out demonstrating how justified the officer involved was. In fact, you could easily make the argument that the officer waited longer than he should have before firing.

Short version: man well-known to police with a history of mental illness and violence walks into Dollar General with a sawed-off shotgun. Management calls the police, who locate the suspect walking with the gun near the Dollar General. Officer stops, activates his blue lights, and orders the suspect to drop the gun. Suspect instead decides to aim the gun at the cop. Cop fires a single slug from his 870, hits the suspect in the upper chest, and he’s DRT.

I know AR’s are the new go-to (and are a better weapon for most all applications) but the old boom stick still gets the job done.

Hush, Goose and RodneyFarva like this.
  2. AB7

AB7 MassCops Member

It’s too bad a social worker didn’t show up and give him a hug. That would’ve solved all this without protests.

Goose, mpd61, Bloodhound and 3 others like this.
  3. Drebbin

Drebbin MassCops Member

It would have worked too because the social workers give out stickers of puppies and kittens. The stickers say "you are special"

AB7, mpd61 and EUPD377 like this.
  4. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

BOOM!

Mike drop...

EUPD377 likes this.