Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This girl has the record for the shortest career in Quincy History....SHE's GONE...

Drunk charges for rookie cop: Off-duty Quincy officer charged with drunken driving after chase
By DON CONKEY
The Patriot Ledger

A new Quincy police officer was arrested for alleged drunken driving after being pursued by State Police and hitting a van with seven people in it.

Siobhan O'Connor, 25, who was sworn in as a patrol officer in January, was arraigned yesterday in South Boston Municipal Court on charges of operating under the influence of alcohol and failure to stop for police.

State Police Lt. Eric Anderson said nobody in the van appeared to have been injured.

Anderson said O'Connor, of 29 Wallace Road, Quincy, was off duty when she was pursued by State Police on Route 93 northbound, approaching Exit 18, at about 1:45 a.m. Sunday.

O'Connor's vehicle failed to stop for police and her vehicle struck the van in the area of the exit, Anderson said.

O'Connor was arrested at the scene, Anderson said.

Quincy Police Capt. Robert Crowley said today that O'Connor was placed on paid administrative leave at about 4:30 a.m. Sunday.

Crowley said that he planned to meet with Mayor William Phelan in regard to O'Connor's situation.

Crowley said the Quincy Police Department would conduct an internal investigation and State Police would conduct the criminal investigation.

The City of Quincy has fired three police officers this year in what has been the largest forced departure in the department in recent memory.

In May, Mayor William Phelan fired Officer Timothy Kaes, who faced criminal drunken driving charges after crashing a car into a Wollaston house while off duty.

Kaes was fired following a disciplinary hearing and a recommendation from a city lawyer who was overseeing the proceedings.

That termination stemmed from an early-morning incident in September. The 32-year-old Kaes crashed into the garage of a Wayland Street home, after first hitting a fire hydrant, a sign and a car.

In January, the city fired 19-year patrolman William Wright after a private investigator caught him on videotape doing home improvement work while said to be out of work nursing a shoulder injury.

In May, the city confirmed that Sgt. Susan Perch, a 21-year police veteran, had been fired. A source said she had five or six months of unexplained absences.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quincy officers have a history of having a lot of off duty issues....... that girl blow her life by just not stopping for the trooper, depending on how drunk she was, she probably would have got off regardless if she just stopped. SO stupid

G

·
I'm especially disappointed, because I was one of this officer's FTO's. I couldn't have stressed the stupidity of off-duty drinking to her, and everyone else I train, anymore than I did.

Given the current climate, Melanie's Law, etc., I'd say she's all done. Being still on probation, she has no right of appeal.

What's one more black eye for the Animal House of law enforcement?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,899 Posts
Delta784 said:
What's one more black eye for the Animal House of law enforcement?
Yeah you're their primary brown-eye!!!!!
:crazy:

G

·
mpd61 said:
Yeah you're their primary brown-eye!!!!!
:crazy:
Do you really want to start a pissing match with me again?

I thought we had declared a truce, but if you want to start up again, that's okay with me.

G

·
j809 said:
You're just saying that so his daddy won't have you whacked!!! :mrgreen:
Actually, he rubbed a lot of people at QPD the wrong way, but I always got along great with him.

·
Premium Member
8,417 Posts
Ah, the mistakes we make in life. How 30 seconds of indiscretion and bad judgement can carry a lifetime sentence.
Awful predicament for all concerned, especially the young lady.
Imagine having your lifetime ambition crushed for the sake of 1 too many Cosmopolitans.
F'ing pity...

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,899 Posts
Delta784 said:
Do you really want to start a pissing match with me again?

I thought we had declared a truce, but if you want to start up again, that's okay with me.
I feel I must warn you, I have incontinence problems (being older than you) and therefore am at a slight advantage in any pissing match. I was told you were really an O.K. guy with just a slightly high level of "cynical" in your blood. I'd be glad to be a party to a truce with you anytime.

God bless America, and the City of Quincy.............the only real city south of Morrisey Boluevard in Dorchester. (notice no smileys dude?)

·
1,334 Posts
Bri9801 said:
Today's Patriot Ledger states she was travelling at 100 MPH on the exspressway when observed by the Trooper.....

1:45 AM, 100 MPH...... IN a hurry to make last call?
Maybe she was brushing up on EVOC maneuvers?

In all seriousness, that was some bad judgement on her part, big time. Especially if she knew there has been some specific issues concerning off-duty activities within that department. Most officers would realize they might very well end up on the "radar" if involved in them; So scale back/avoid the nights boozing, keep a low profile, and do not make your fellow officers look bad :BE: . I mean former officers, and a pursuit to follow...:shock:

·
Woggalicious!
277 Posts
In speaking with her, and I understand I'm only getting one viewpoint, it seems as if there are more than a few issues with the State Police Captain that arrested her. Any of your departments Captains make arrests? I don't wish to go into it but I'm sure if true it'll come out in the trial anyways.

I'm as pessimistic as the next cop, but she isn't guilty yet. Right?

G

·
mpd61 said:
I feel I must warn you, I have incontinence problems (being older than you) and therefore am at a slight advantage in any pissing match. I was told you were really an O.K. guy with just a slightly high level of "cynical" in your blood. I'd be glad to be a party to a truce with you anytime.

God bless America, and the City of Quincy.............the only real city south of Morrisey Boluevard in Dorchester.
Or, as we refer to it, "Brockton with trees". :wink:

A smilie, just for you.

G

·
j809 said:
Refuse everything, I hope she did. And then hire Kevin Reddington and she'd be back on the job in no time. :D
If she's fired, it won't make any difference what the outcome of the criminal trial is. She's still on probation, which means you can be fired for virtually anything, and you have no recourse at all.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.