Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
shawnr76 said:
Romney's budget for 2005 should be available today on www.mass.gov

Maybe there may be some money for public safety :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FINALLY!!! Funding for 2, thats right, 2 STATE POLICE CLASSES!!!!!!! But lets see if it passes :oops:

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
Did Anyone notice in "Sheriffs" Suffolk County was left out? Whats with that?

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
As far as I know, Suffolk is not state funded. They are still their own entity, and some how funded through funds from Boston, Chelsea, and other Suffolk County communities, as well as "County Funds".

·
Registered
561 Posts
Remember, the 77th RTT was in the initial drafts of the FY04 budget, and we all know what happened to that. :(

On the bright side, they can't put it off forever... right?

-Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow, that is great, a possible two classes. Now I need only about 10 more before I even have a chance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just think if Flynn gives the money to the locals he could put the laid off guys back to work and still double the number of cops by hiring quality
local cops instead of hiring a bunch of overpaid road warriors with no place to go except tp some phony watershed detail at time and a half.

We all know the state police motto A GRAND A WEEK TO PLAY HIDE AND SEEK. Somebody should call Flynn and suggest this. Who neds anymore Troopers poaching in our cities or Towns.

AAAAAhhh Feel much better now. You guys should call your Union guys and make a stink..You do the Math

Takehome car gas tolls uniforms and those fancy boots???? :roll:

·
Registered
125 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess we know how you scored on the exam.

"Panache" - that's French, right? I think I heard Richard Simmons use that word in a commercial once...
:L: :L: :L: :L:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I think "Panache" is a high-brow restaurant on Main Street in Cambridge, near Newtown Court...

·
2,297 Posts
PANACHE said:
Just think if Flynn gives the money to the locals he could put the laid off guys back to work and still double the number of cops by hiring quality
local cops instead of hiring a bunch of overpaid road warriors with no place to go except tp some phony watershed detail at time and a half.

We all know the state police motto A GRAND A WEEK TO PLAY HIDE AND SEEK. Somebody should call Flynn and suggest this. Who neds anymore Troopers poaching in our cities or Towns.

AAAAAhhh Feel much better now. You guys should call your Union guys and make a stink..You do the Math

Takehome car gas tolls uniforms and those fancy boots???? :roll:
How's McDonalds treating ya, jerk?

Sorry you scored a 30 on the test; We can't all be Troopers.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Panache says" It's not the best gig in the world sweeping floors, but in 2 years I will move up to fry cook, 3 years I work the grill....then assistant manager and that's when the big bucks will start"

Way to go Padouche, follow your dream.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Actually, after mastering the grill, the next step is "swing shift manager", which provides a $.70 increase above the federal minimum wage, and the requirement to work all shifts and holidays...

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Can I get a refund for all the tolls I paid previous to getting a "pike pass"...it wasn't cheap traveling from Newton to Springfield...and how about gas and "wear-and-tear" on my pc when my cruiser was deadlined? Or the repairs I paid for out-of-pocket to keep my cruiser on the road because the state didn't pay the bill and the mechanics couldn't get parts....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Overall, my total budget for K-12 education grows by over $100 million. Higher education grows by over $70 million. I am also proposing a modest increase in local aid.
nice, hope that actually happens.

·
Registered
136 Posts
FYI Suffolk County is about 80% funded by the state. The rest is from the cities and towns of Suffolk County. All contract negotions after being settled have to be approved by the OER. Even if the Sheriff approves it, it has to go before them before it can be approved. So if they feel your contract is too rich they can shoot it down. Also they only pay retro back one year and no more. Kind of sucks to be sitting without a contract f0r 2 or 3 years knowing all you can look forward to is one years retro. As for why it didn't appear in that budget I don't know but also Norfolk and Plymouth weren't there either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
PANACHE must have pulled his lower lip over his head and swallowed...he has been awfully quiet.

If he does see this, he can feel free to come into SP Sturbridge and see all the great work that this barracks does...and I'll show him the great stuff that goes on throughout the other barracks as well. Then I'll let him follow me home and see if he can handle staying awake on a 100+ mile commute after the mid shift.

Some people just don't get it... :roll:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.