rolling window down on a MV stop | MassCops

rolling window down on a MV stop

Discussion in 'Vehicle Laws' started by Joe1231913, May 31, 2015.

1. Joe1231913

Joe1231913 MassCops Member

I thought I remember seeing some case law on this subject, but cant locate it....

What are the requirements on rolling your window down more than an inch or two on a stop? Do you have to?

2. RetPO

RetPO MassCops Member

Could you articulate that you pulled them over for erratic driving ? any odd behavior, smell emanating from gap in window, furtive movement ? maybe OUI or exigent circumstances become an issue..

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  3. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

What road were you on when you got pulled over this morning?

Joel98 likes this.
  4. k12kop

k12kop MassCops Member

Did said officer have his hat on?

samadam78 likes this.
  5. Truck

Truck MassCops Member

You know we are issued automatic window openers that will open all windows from the outside?

mtc, FTH, LawMan3 and 1 other person like this.
  6. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

You mean like this?

Joel98 and samadam78 like this.
  7. TacEntry

TacEntry MassCops Member

Them russkies will fuck you up.

Joel98 and pahapoika like this.
  8. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Let me guess the OP is going to drive around committing traffic violations and when the officer comes up to the window the " I know my rights" bullshit will start with the phone recording the entire encounter.

Kilvinsky likes this.
  9. Joe1231913

No, niteowl. I am in disagreement with a friend and I thought there was recent case law on this subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Whichever one of you was in possession of the bong at the time was correct.

mtc, zm88 and Goose like this.
  11. samadam78

samadam78 MassCops Member

:D Outstanding

Augustwest and Fuzzywuzzy like this.
  12. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

As normal, well-adjusted team players, it is difficult for us to even understand why someone would concern themselves with this minutia of a stop. Sure we know the end game here but as Sun Tzu has taught us, we must examine the types of individuals who debate these sort of non-issues by educating ourselves about who they really are so that we can fully understand the amount of butthurt we're dealing with. (Yes, I understand that the term, "butthurt" hasn't found its way into the DSM yet but they've changed everything else so why not!)
    Of course it's not your fault that their mommies left them in a wet diaper for too long but you're going to pay wither way, authority figure! I highly recommend the following resource for understanding and dealing with the passive aggressive professional victim mentality:

Passive aggressive behaviors are often used to avoid the direct confrontation of short-term conflict, but in the long-term, these dynamics can be even more destructive than outright aggression.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...01305/confronting-passive-aggressive-behavior

militia_man and Goose like this.
  13. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Which is why mastering the ability to passive aggressively mind f**k someone is an incredible skill to possess. Just so long as you use it for the greater good.

Wolfman and FTH like this.
  14. Joe1231913

Here is the scenario.....

A co-worker and recent academy graduate thinks its OK not to roll window down more than an inch or two. I thought there was recent (2013+) case law supporting the opposite but I cant locate it.

So I guess nobody remembers that particular case law? If you guys could stop assuming I am a troll looking to bust balls, I would appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. k12kop

k12kop MassCops Member

Envision the window as flag, lower it only an inch or two and the cop will think your a butt head. Turn on the dome light and roll the window down and you can have a completely different encounter.
    If you find the link post it please.

LGriffin, militia_man and Goose like this.
  16. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

I do know this: In a rainstorm, the amount a drivers window is rolled down is directly proportional to the distance away the license, registration and full boat V are plastered to the outside of the windshield. For example: two inches or less usually means the above listed paperwork covers the inspection sticker.

Goose and LGriffin like this.
  17. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Exactly my point.
    It would be far more beneficial than "sensitivity training."

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    HistoryHound likes this.
  18. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

In the video from Russia, we couldn't understand what was being said, but I asked a buddy who said that things were going great until the driver mentioned he was a Ukrainian. That's when Officer Sovietsky went on the offensive and took his car. The cop later said, "We took that car like the Crimea."

LGriffin, FTH and Goose like this.
  19. Truck

Truck MassCops Member

Oh, you must be new here.

mtc, Wolfman, visible25 and 4 others like this.
  20. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

21. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Joe what dept. are you on?

22. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

In related news, Ukrainians hate it when you refer to them as Russians. ;)

FTH, Kilvinsky and Goose like this.
  23. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

24. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

He must be referring to the R/I academy. There's no way Southie is on the job with that thin skin.
    This nonsense all started with a passive aggressive turd out of FL who seeks out checkpoints with a note about his rights attached to his drivers side window. He's attention whoring in an effort to market his outdated copblock type book.
    [​IMG]

mtc and Kilvinsky like this.
  25. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving

FTH likes this.