Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
40th MPOC#309 said:
His peeps call him "Yimmy". He is a well respected, multi-talented, highly educated member of the law enforcement community. A man amongst men. Truly the finest of the finest. Amen.
Oh God! I work with the bum, guess I haven't seen that side of him yet.....LOL
Only kiddin, he's a good guy, many laughs working with him. We're both from the great city of Brockton, we understand each other's accent, up here in apple country they actually use that letter, "R" for whatever reason that is. Looks like he's posting under j809 now instead of H50.
For the guy looking at Rochester, it's a nice town, my sister-in-law lives there and says that the guy's do a great job. I heard that many of the OUI's come out of New Bedford after the bars close. Like anywhere, it can be as busy as you want it to be. Good luck in the search.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
just got a voicemail from them...turns out they sent out the notification to appear for the test to my home addy, not my PO Box which I had put down as my mailing addy. So they're resending it out so looks like I'll be taking it...for those that have received their notice, what did it come with??

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
kmf294 said:
Last time they used an exam written by Pat Rogers of Commonwealth Police Services. It was a good exam, I didnt find it that hard.
yea think it was by the same guy, i believe it was his name on the lower left corner of the test on each page

so how'd everyone think they did on the test? i think it wasn't too bad, almost seemed like the civil service in a way

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
futureofficer04 said:
It was ok. The first part through me way off. I don't think I did that great. Oh well, better luck next time. :roll:
the analogies? Yea, wasn't a fan of those either haha, but we'll see...i actually go down to the dept soon to drop off my Bachelor's which i just got yesterday! :jump:

·
Registered
25 Posts
To all the test takers..... Rochester IS NOT hiring at this particular point. This test was to establish a new list of candidates as per the contract (new list every 2 years). They are waiting to see if two of their guys go to the 77RTT, if it ever happens. If and when they go, they will be hiring for two.

There was a SMALL possibility of hiring 1 full-timer sometime after July, but it is not looking good. Rochester will be looking for academy trained people first and foremost, the town will probably not reach into it's tightly locked safe to put someone through the academy.

Department has got a bad rap in the past, but is up and coming with great people to work with. All kinds of new toys coming in, and a young, motivated Chief.

Any questions? PM me, I'll try to be as open as I can be. Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
so has anyone heard back from RPD yet? The chief said it should take about 2 weeks to get the results back and then about another two weeks to add on the weighted points. I figured to have maybe heard something by now. :?:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
RPD931 @ Sun 04 Jul said:
How much did this test cost? And there was a SLIM chance of hiring MAYBE 1 FT? Fraud?!?
it was $25 and the chief said maybe one sometime in the future and that we'd be put on a list and ranked accordingly. Well, something just ain't right here cuz it's been 5+ weeks and I haven't heard a thing :?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.