Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know any further info on this dept? I see that they're hiring as of right now and didn't know if anyone has any experience with the guys there...thinking about possibly dropping off an application there

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doh...i might apply there anyways...seems like they're going the non civil service route according to the thread that Gil posted in the Job Listings section...I'll give it a shot...can't hurt to try right?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mikey682 said:
the application was 17 pages long, that should fill up a few filing cabinets.
yea pretty crazy huh...still workin on it now...i wish there was a spot on there where i could put that i'm an intern at a PD currently but don't see any spot for it *sigh*

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PJM#15 said:
Mikey682 said:
the application was 17 pages long, that should fill up a few filing cabinets.
Yeah I was going to apply. But after I saw the length of the application I decided not too. And I probabally just save myself $25.00 as well.
ya i was like :shock: when i saw you had to pay...probably the same with all non civ service depts...i still gotta dig up my HS diploma somewhere and what kinda stinks is that I'm gonna have my bachelors in a month but i don't have it yet so i have to put that I have yet to receive it...o well

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm...can't seem to dig up my diploma anywhere...I wonder if they take official notorized school transcripts? :?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
shawnr76 said:
Danman1116 said:
hmm...can't seem to dig up my diploma anywhere...I wonder if they take official notorized school transcripts? :?
If you look hard enough, you could probaly find it on EBAY :lol: :lol:
lol yea...you can pretty much find anything on ebay nowadays :lol:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
just got a voicemail from them...turns out they sent out the notification to appear for the test to my home addy, not my PO Box which I had put down as my mailing addy. So they're resending it out so looks like I'll be taking it...for those that have received their notice, what did it come with??

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
futureofficer04 said:
Nope. it's at the rochester high school.
hmm, now i gotta figure out where it is, is it near the PD itself? hopefully i'll get my notice with directions maybe or at least an addy which i can use w/mapquest

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
so does anyone kno what to expect wtih this? I'm thinking its their own version of the civil service test or something like that

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
kmf294 said:
Last time they used an exam written by Pat Rogers of Commonwealth Police Services. It was a good exam, I didnt find it that hard.
yea think it was by the same guy, i believe it was his name on the lower left corner of the test on each page

so how'd everyone think they did on the test? i think it wasn't too bad, almost seemed like the civil service in a way

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
futureofficer04 said:
It was ok. The first part through me way off. I don't think I did that great. Oh well, better luck next time. :roll:
the analogies? Yea, wasn't a fan of those either haha, but we'll see...i actually go down to the dept soon to drop off my Bachelor's which i just got yesterday! :jump:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
so has anyone heard back from RPD yet? The chief said it should take about 2 weeks to get the results back and then about another two weeks to add on the weighted points. I figured to have maybe heard something by now. :?:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.