Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night when I was on my way to my girlfriends house, I beared left on Rt. 24 North to get onto 93 and evetually make my way to 95 South. After I merged onto 93/128 or whatever it is... this person in an Explorer was riding my ass. Now there was a fair amount of traffic, i was in the left lane going about 65, 3 or 4 car lengths in front of me to the next car. This was the flow of traffic. This guy got VERY close so i tapped my brakes just so the lights would flash to let him know he needs to back off... so then he puts his high beams on.. ok, no biggie. My back windown is tinted so it didn't bother me. After about 1/2 mile, i went to the middle lane to let him pass. He did... and kept close to my speed. Then he went to the middle in front of me.. when i went to get off the 95S exit, he swerved in front of me. When i went to go around him and pass to the right, he literally tried to run me off the road. Fortunatly, my car was much faster than his to get around him. I had to get off at the next exit and turn around. I was f*cking pissed! :evil:
I have too much to loose to mess with knuckleheads like that.. but now i'm wishing i took his plate # down and filed charges but figured it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Anyone have a reccomendation on what i should have done or did i do the right thing by just taking a deep breath and ignoring him? Someday he will get caught and I hope the Trooper that gets him is in a really bad mood.

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
Yes, stay the F out of the high speed lane unless you're passing, not inching by.
With that being said, im sure he would have been hooked for his Assault w/ a dangerous weapon (MV) if he hit ya...
Just one more reason to CCW everywhere, If he hit ya, do you think he would have been kind when (if) you pulled over in the BDL?
Oh yea, EM, I was talking to a few LEO's at the dept you asked me about. A LOT of applications have left for that position, the test is Tuesday i think

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was trying to get out of the left lane.. i just merged onto 128 and it was heavy traffic and couldn't get over.

·
Subscribing Member
4,342 Posts
Stay out of the left lane and don't tap the brakes. If you're not passing traffic at 10+ mph faster, there's no reason to be in the left lane. You can stay in the flow just as easy in the center or right lane.
That lane is designated for blue birds. A rare find on the Mass Highways lately but nevertheless quite a sight when you see one. :lol:

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Exactly NOT the reason to CCW everywhere.

Curious EMT";p="54891 said:
Yes, stay the F out of the high speed lane unless you're passing, not inching by.
With that being said, im sure he would have been hooked for his Assault w/ a dangerous weapon (MV) if he hit ya...
Just one more reason to CCW everywhere, If he hit ya, do you think he would have been kind when (if) you pulled over in the BDL?
Oh yea, EM, I was talking to a few LEO's at the dept you asked me about. A LOT of applications have left for that position, the test is Tuesday i think

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
SOT_II";p="54913 said:

Explain, please....
When Wack-Oh-bob runs me into the guardrail, he's surely not going to be pleasant when we stop. What am I to do when im out of my vehicle and he produces a home-made asp or other dangerous weapon?

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
You are making a bunch of assumptions before the fact, a very dangerous thing to do when carrying a firearm.

Curious EMT";p="54920 said:
SOT_II";p="54913 said:

Explain, please....
When Wack-Oh-bob runs me into the guardrail, he's surely not going to be pleasant when we stop. What am I to do when im out of my vehicle and he produces a home-made asp or other dangerous weapon?

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
j809";p="54911 said:
Stay out of the left lane and don't tap the brakes. If you're not passing traffic at 10+ mph faster, there's no reason to be in the left lane. You can stay in the flow just as easy in the center or right lane.
That lane is designated for blue birds. A rare find on the Mass Highways lately but nevertheless quite a sight when you see one. :lol:
Ahhh blue bird. She's been at it for a while now. Still looking good though.

Scott :ROCK:

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I posted this topic on another cop message forum online and it basically turned into everyone telling me I was at fault and I ended up arguing with some cop from Nevada.

Lesson learned: Just let them pass... no brake tapping.. no nothing. I will take out my aggression in the gym, not in my car.

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
TrippleSeven";p="54984 said:
I posted this topic on another cop message forum online and it basically turned into everyone telling me I was at fault and I ended up arguing with some cop from Nevada
Let me guess, RealPolice.net?

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
Oh. Im proud to be on RP.net's Banned-IP list, like a lot of other people.

After a bunch of members there were so nice to discuss their policy on punishing motorcycle operators, i pasted a link to the thread on a few biker forums.

Apparently they didnt like being torn appart by a few dozen riders after saying "one acts up, they all pay"

Quite alright, I guess they forget who pay's their salary! :D lol

·
Super Moderator
7,148 Posts
Curious EMT";p="54920 said:
SOT_II";p="54913 said:

Explain, please....
Easy...stay in your vehicle and call up the SP if he's being an AH and physically threatening you. Lock the doors and stay in the car.

Don't leave the scene (if you can safely avoid doing so) and take note of his plate, vehicle description, and description of him. You won't catch me hopping out of my car for someone that may have a little road rage going on and won't calm down.

I've done it once, and it's not an experience I care to repeat.

It's all the more reason to drive defensively. There are situations you will not be able to get out of, but handling it tactically and with a level head will keep you above the situation.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
its so hard to get on the job in MA that i can take risks like this. I set my cruise control, stop for 4-6 sec @ stop signs. I don't (no matter how bad i want to)brake check anyone. or tail gate for that matter. I always wear my seatbelt. etc etc etc. its bad enough i have to explain the the 3 tickets i got for 10 over, 12 over & 15 over that i have gotten in the last 11 years. the one i got for 15 over i got in attleborough because some 1 sped up on my ass and was tailgating me so i sped up to get ahead of the car in the other lane so i could let the guy go past me. we both got tickets for that but after that day i stopped driving for those behind me. i never should have gotten that ticket but i did and i have no to blame but myself. its just not worth it and neither is the brake checking or tail gating. anything like that that u have to explain during a background investigation is bad in my opinion.

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
its so hard to get on the job in MA that i can take risks like this. I set my cruise control, stop for 4-6 sec @ stop signs. I don't (no matter how bad i want to)brake check anyone. or tail gate for that matter. I always wear my seatbelt. etc etc etc. its
Ditto, only I dont got the tickets to explain and I am not jonesing to get one. I would really hate to have a parking or traffic ticket make the decision between me and another candidate.

Also, is it really worth risking your safety, the safety of your passengers and other road user just to get into a pissing match with someone. Just fall back and get away from them and let them pass you.........7 out of 10 times this has happened to me on 95NB MSP Newbury bags them. I was told by my grandfather to choose your battles and I am not going to give someone the satisfaction of pulling over.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
yeah i wouldn't say I am jonesing stm, just trying to break habits. u also bring up a good point i also try to break this bad habit because i have my children now and i have a greater responsibility. I love them to much to risk their safety.
ur right i have been waiting for the last 4 years to get back home to pursue this career. i'll be damned if a ticket or accident or something stupid gets me bumped off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.