Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming soon from the RMV also:

The Registrar is cracking down on corner strobes. They are permitted on public safety vehicles only (police, fire, medical, dpw). Not private such as pickup trucks owned by snow plowers, construction companies, etc. They are also promulgating letters to be sent to local and state PD's detailing who can use amber lights. I am getting a copy of this letter and the amber permit application if anyone has questions. FYI too, anyone coming across vehicles with white strobe lights, they are regulated under Ch 90 & CMR's and are NOT permitted for citizens, only public safety owned vehicles. That is in writing from RMV Chief legal and a recent court case I had.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How about PO's personal vehicles with blue light permits?
I know the smaller towns officers light up thier cars for details and back up.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I would think that a blue light permit would cover white strobes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A badge and id should surfice, however we all know knuckle heads that will make a big deal about nothing.

·
Subscribing Member
459 Posts
USMCTrooper";p="53752 said:
Coming soon from the RMV also:

The Registrar is cracking down on corner strobes. They are permitted on public safety vehicles only (police, fire, medical, dpw). Not private such as pickup trucks owned by snow plowers, construction companies, etc. They are also promulgating letters to be sent to local and state PD's detailing who can use amber lights. I am getting a copy of this letter and the amber permit application if anyone has questions. FYI too, anyone coming across vehicles with white strobe lights, they are regulated under Ch 90 & CMR's and are NOT permitted for citizens, only public safety owned vehicles. That is in writing from RMV Chief legal and a recent court case I had.
I am very interested in whatever info you get as well as what develops. Our agency is petitioning the legislature for blue lights in March, and we were mulling over our options for lights in the meantime for our vehicles.

·
Subscribing Member
4,323 Posts
Hey USMCTROOPER, are you that trooper from Milton barracks that is the 90/7E Super Enforcer?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
jo";p="53834 said:
A badge and id should surfice, however we all know knuckle heads that will make a big deal about nothing.
Oh no jo!

Sealer of weights/measures, Massport Toll collectors, reserve deputies can't have em silly!
:sl:

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
I dont see what the big deal is, a corner strobe package and one or two amber lights in the back window is alot cheaper than going out and buying a lightbar. If and when I buy a truck to plow with, I'd rather go with an alternative to a lightbar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts