Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

141 - 160 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
According to the RISP website, they are beginning a process later this summer (2010), anyone know what their staffing levels are like? How many they would hire, if any?
they are over 200 at the moment, but the rate of retirement has been consistent over the past 7 years. They are in the same situation as the prior recruitment drive. Waiting six years between 2003 and the last recruitment has put a real strain on numbers.

I would imagine there would be another academy with 35-36 recruits.

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

Good luck.........RI is a mess and probably is an old message...!!:stomp:
RI is a financial mess, but it's something the state can't avoid budgeting for. Good or bad, it's an unavoidable expense, although there is a significant application fee that applies.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well just have to see how things go
They'll go as squared away as you can possibly imagine. Their new recruitment message is much more detailed this time around with actual dates for each testing phase. As rigal mentioned - they are in the same situation (in terms of needing new recruits) as they were in from the last recruitment drive.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
re....tar......ded

·
Registered
258 Posts
RISP will only do it their way. The RISP Academy - "it's not better, it's not worse, it's just different." :teeth_smile:

·
MassCops Member
535 Posts
I wonder if RISP will accept the Mass. SSPO academy. Anyone have any insight on this?
They won't entertain this question until the day of the test. Ask the first Trooper you see at the test site!! They will answer it with affection!!

...........................as they scream at you for being a RE TARD!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL!! Like I said, there are other state agencies that are willing to accept the SSPO as a waiver. But I'll take your advice and ask the first Trooper I see! :teeth_smile: Thanks.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
should be interesting, considering they're running a 25 person academy, as opposed to 37 last time around.
Boooo! as if 35 wasn't tough enough

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
Oct 24th for me

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
Any idea as to how many people signed up for the exam?
prolly have to ask someone in RISP

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

i think the last test was 2500 though

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
See you that Sunday Husky...
So Pvt. Are you going to take one for the team and do something ridiculous at the test so we have a good story to tell?

If someone doesn't show up late, talk back, have warrants or an expired inspection sticker, ill be mightily disappointed.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
141 - 160 of 244 Posts