RISP... Test Soon? | Page 7 | MassCops

RISP... Test Soon?

Discussion in 'Rhode Island' started by CTrain, Dec 19, 2007.

1. specialstate

specialstate MassCops Member

LOL!! Like I said, there are other state agencies that are willing to accept the SSPO as a waiver. But I'll take your advice and ask the first Trooper I see! :teeth_smile: Thanks.

2. RIgal34

RIgal34 MassCops Member

should be interesting, considering they're running a 25 person academy, as opposed to 37 last time around.

3. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Boooo! as if 35 wasn't tough enough

4. HuskyH-2

Oct 24th for me

5. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

See you that Sunday Husky...

6. obienobie

obienobie MassCops Member

Any idea as to how many people signed up for the exam?

7. HuskyH-2

prolly have to ask someone in RISP

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

i think the last test was 2500 though

8. HuskyH-2

So Pvt. Are you going to take one for the team and do something ridiculous at the test so we have a good story to tell?

If someone doesn't show up late, talk back, have warrants or an expired inspection sticker, ill be mightily disappointed.

9. Pvt. Cowboy

You mean like... Do donuts on the front lawn and speed away with my finger out the window??

...probably not.

10. HuskyH-2

lol weak

11. tripledez82

tripledez82 MassCops Member

If anyone has any questions about the RISP process let me know.... I was part of the last hiring, made it to the end but wasn't one of the 37 hired.

12. GD

GD MassCops Member

Its Rhode Island, I can promise you will never be disappointed at any examination in this state.:smoke:

13. MTA2010

MTA2010 MassCops Member

Taking this exam on Saturday 10/23/10. Good luck to everyone that is taking it.

14. HuskyH-2

GL tomorrow guys!:wavespin:

15. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

Good Luck guys/gals!

16. A133

A133 MassCops Member

FYI for those taking the test this weekend. Had lunch monday with a freind of mine that is a recently retired RISP Captain. He ran many of the recent academys and sat on evry interview board up untill his retirement. He said the quality of applicants over the last 10 years has been incredible; Marine Corps Officers, Navy Seals and Special Forces, detectives from large cities, a suprisingly large number of Ivy league educations, and many attorneys (losers, of course, according to loganF:smoke:) made up the applicant pool and eventual hires.

Interestingly, however, he told me one of the recent classes included a truck driver with ZERO law enforcement experience. he was hired because he was a hard working, dedicated, determined guy. He had been trying to get on for over 10 years, which was seen as a big plus by the hiring panel.

I post this as encouragement to those of you who seem to be busting your ass to get on the job. This department sees throughthe glitzy resumes and BS and looks to hire the best, most determined hard working Trooper they can find regardless of background. I don't have to tell anyone here what a squared away agency they are; this is probably a big reason why. They are hiring for diversity inthe true and fair sense of the word.

I worked on a Title III with many of the guys that eventually became members of the command staff. You will not find a better group, top to bottom, than the RISP, in my opinion (duck!). If you give it your best shot and don't make it this time, try again...this is one outfit that recognizes hard work, determination and desire...well worth the effort, and it will be recognized and rewarded.

Last bit of advice..if you get to the panel interview, it's probably best not to share Logans wisdom that lawyers in LE are losers...alot of the RISP are, including The Colonel,:shades_smile:

PM me if you have any questions; I'll try my best to get answers

17. GD

GD MassCops Member

I agree with most of your quote except this!! The last class had a lot of police officers................they are a great bunch of people but don't be fooled politics is still in the mix. I think most organizations all have good people. However, you still have to be good and the politics is just what bumps you up. :shades_smile:

18. Pvt. Cowboy

Well geez... I'd HOPE they'd take guys with ZERO law enforcement experience... It is an entry level exam after all right? :unsure:

...Man I'm having flashbacks of Federal Air Marshal interviews.

19. HuskyH-2

They took at least 1 person with no LE experience last year. Lol, What was the FAM interview like Cowboy?

20. Pvt. Cowboy

PM incoming H-2.

21. HuskyH-2

From what i heard sounds like today's test didn't disappoint lol.

22. Pvt. Cowboy

My own personal list of highlights from today's test...

1. The kid wearing the purple jacket. Looked like the Joker.
    2. The kid wearing the Don Johnson-esque Miami Vice suit. "You just get in from Miami?!"
    3. The Troopers screaming at multiple people behind me in the parade for not shaving, goatees, and... wait for it... waiiiit for it.... earrings.
    4. The guy who showed up around 8am, who had asked the Corporal the day before to postpone his exam until today. Needless to say... Lit up, HARD.
    5. "Don't look at me! Eyes FORWARD!!"
    6. The incredible wrinkled pants that another applicant was wearing. Looked like he slept in them, seriously. Or pulled them from the bottom of the hamper.
    7. Jeans. Yep, really. Nice sport coat though bud.
    8. Trooper - "Thanks for coming. Great. Outstanding, thanks for being here."
    Applicant - "No problem."
    Troopers - "WHAT!?!?"
    9. Watching the guys who came in 5-10 minutes late have their own "late crew" formation to the left of the parade, and subsequently getting the respective ass-chewing. Everything was within earshot today. I had to make sure I didn't laugh.
    10. The fact that Cowboy received zero special attention. Kid knows how to dress folks...

23. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

[​IMG]

24. HuskyH-2

HAHAHA yes your on! Dude that shit was hilarious. how bout the kid in the test getting chewed out for not having their heels together at 45 degrees. Or that kid for fidgeting around the whole test.

I was directly across for him in the auditorium and the whole time in my head im like, "kid stop moving around, stop moving.....WTF are you doing man!"

All the sudden the trooper hones in on him

Trooper: What are you doing?
    Applicant: Fixing my tie
    Trooper: Leave it alone. Did I tell you to fix your tie? Just stay still....stay still for 10 seconds.................................You can't even do that!! Stop rolling your eyes!!!

I only saw the kid with jeans from afar and was like WTF??

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Also zero attention, thank god

25. Pvt. Cowboy

He was to my right. I was behind the podium. Kid must have had a nervous twitch or something! He saw him all the way across the auditorium he was that obvious! "Put your hands on your knees! Some of you look like you've just been hit by a truck!"

Another gem from the day... "Stop wiping your noses! The State Police are going GREEN! Open your mouth and let the snots roll right in!"

CC I didn't wanna wear a cover today, I wanted to leave that job to the RISP Troopers!