RISP... Test Soon? | Page 6 | MassCops

RISP... Test Soon?

Discussion in 'Rhode Island' started by CTrain, Dec 19, 2007.

1. L4G81

L4G81 MassCops Member

Good luck ladies and gents!

2. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Good luck!

3. ride1620

ride1620 MassCops Member

Anyone hear if any of the 37 recruits have dropped out yet?

4. tripledez82

tripledez82 MassCops Member

yeah 8 dropped so far. 40% drop out rate.

I can tell you another class is coming up at the end of the year,.

5. tripledez82

tripledez82 MassCops Member

lawman

i am sorry, i really wanted to say a new process will began Jan/Feb. i just got to excited!
    best of luck to everyone! RISP is a great department.

6. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

How are our Massachusetts recruits doing?

7. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Hanging in there.. literally.....

8. RIgal34

RIgal34 MassCops Member

for anyone who wants to know, RI has approved the 2010FY budget, which included money appropriated towards a recruitment to begin in June of 2010, which is sixty some odd thousand dollars. Also, a motion was passed to approve the 54th state police academy to start some time in the month of March 2011.

They are using a different methodology for their next recruitment in order to speed up the process....in other terms, they will be able to cut a few months off of the total time it usually takes to come up with recruits for a class. The process itself (written, agility, interview, etc.) will be the same, but the way they execute from their end will be much more efficient.

Approximately another twenty troopers will be due up for retirement during 2010, and there will be more troopers retiring by the end of 2009. Due to there not being an academy since 2004, there have been alot of troopers held back from taking promotions since there obviously needs to be a certain number of patrols on the road at all times. If you look back during the decade of the 1980's, this is where the problem in terms of numbers stemmed from....The early part of that decade saw one recruitment class, followed by several back to back academies during the late eighties and early nineties. As a result, there will only continue to be drastic vacancies left, resulting in situations like we have now where the RISP will have to run back-to-back academies just to keep status quo in personnel numbers.

9. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Ch 10 news said tonight that 6 recurits have droped out,they were
    replaced by the next 6 on the list.

10. RIgal34

RIgal34 MassCops Member

...the problem will be in a couple more weeks, if recruits drop out, because then at that point it is too far into the academy to use alternates...

11. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

No updates to how the Academy is progressing?

12. obienobie

obienobie MassCops Member

According to the RISP website, they are beginning a process later this summer (2010), anyone know what their staffing levels are like? How many they would hire, if any?

13. GD

GD MassCops Member

Good luck.........RI is a mess and probably is an old message...!!:stomp:

14. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

15. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

16. RIgal34

RIgal34 MassCops Member

they are over 200 at the moment, but the rate of retirement has been consistent over the past 7 years. They are in the same situation as the prior recruitment drive. Waiting six years between 2003 and the last recruitment has put a real strain on numbers.

I would imagine there would be another academy with 35-36 recruits.

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

RI is a financial mess, but it's something the state can't avoid budgeting for. Good or bad, it's an unavoidable expense, although there is a significant application fee that applies.

17. longarm

longarm MassCops Member

Well just have to see how things go

18. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

They'll go as squared away as you can possibly imagine. Their new recruitment message is much more detailed this time around with actual dates for each testing phase. As rigal mentioned - they are in the same situation (in terms of needing new recruits) as they were in from the last recruitment drive.

19. specialstate

specialstate MassCops Member

I wonder if RISP will accept the Mass. SSPO academy. Anyone have any insight on this?

20. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

re....tar......ded

21. Tango_Sierra

Tango_Sierra MassCops Member

Seriously???:unsure:

22. 5-0

5-0 Guest

Stop posting.

sofa king

he is seriously something... refer to Husky's post.

23. specialstate

specialstate MassCops Member

I know NH state police takes the SSPO Academy. I was just curious if RI did, thanks for the insight anyways.

24. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

RISP will only do it their way. The RISP Academy - "it's not better, it's not worse, it's just different." :teeth_smile:

25. GD

GD MassCops Member

They won't entertain this question until the day of the test. Ask the first Trooper you see at the test site!! They will answer it with affection!!

...........................as they scream at you for being a RE TARD!!