RISP... Test Soon? | Page 5 | MassCops

RISP... Test Soon?

Discussion in 'Rhode Island' started by CTrain, Dec 19, 2007.

1. SargeLorenzo

SargeLorenzo MassCops Member

I know a guy that took the PAT a couple years ago. He said they were given only a couple minutes to change out of their suits and into their sweats, and DON'T be the smart guy that shows up with the sweats already under the suit. He recommended a cheap suit since it'll take a beating and end up quickly stuffed into your bag. He also said there was absolutely no time between events, end one and immediately start the next.

2. mc2252

mc2252 Badge101432

As a friend of mine useto say, you dont even have to look for them sometimes they just sink themselves. If they aint cut out for the job eventually it comes out in the wash. Oh and a friend of mine took the test...said they screamed and yelled at some so bad they left never taking it with no refund. Thats the way they do it, such as it is, but if they cant handle a little yelling then maybe they should take the postal exam instead.

3. ride1620

ride1620 MassCops Member

The first group was told that the letters would be sent out around the 8th.

4. CTrain

CTrain New Member

Yup, my group was told that the letters would be sent out on the 8th at the earliest.

5. CTrain

CTrain New Member

Yeah, me too. From what I have been hearing, it'll be an intense PAT.

6. CTrain

CTrain New Member

Yup, I'm going the 30th at 7 am

7. capeman11

capeman11 New Member

Scored a 94. Will be taking the PAT test on the 25th. Anybody know what the cut off score to advance to the PAT was? How many people in total do you think advanced to take the PAT and a is a score of 94 good?

8. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Congratulations to all who passed and best of luck on your PATs!

9. capeman11

capeman11 New Member

This thread is quiet now that the scores have come out. Did alot of people not make the grade or are you just too busy now?

10. City Recruit

City Recruit MassCops Member

I scored a 91. I've been having a hard time putting all the parts of the PAT together successfully, so I'll be working my a-- off the next two weeks..

11. SargeLorenzo

SargeLorenzo MassCops Member

Sometimes it's best to quiet down and not announce your score, test time, where you live, etc. You won't need/want any extra attention during this process. Good luck to all so far.

12. City Recruit

City Recruit MassCops Member

Anyone know about how long the process takes? I work in the late afternoon (I'm scheduled at noon) and am trying to see if I'll have to make arrangements with my boss.

13. GD

GD MassCops Member

I would schedule a 4hr block, at least!!

14. RIgal34

RIgal34 MassCops Member

well, there are only 800 applicants left after the written exams were administered and graded.

Has anyone taken the PT yet? I know they spread the dates out from as early as now until the end of the month...

15. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

16. spahopeful

spahopeful New Member

The PT test was a great experience. Having the troopers watching your every move during the test give you a bit of an extra boost.
    Does anyone have any idea how they will select the final candidates? How will they rank them? Do we receive a score on the PT and Oral which will serve as the ranking mechanism? OR Will the oral interview be a pass/fail phase also?

Good luck to all that are moving on to the next phase.

17. mc2252

mc2252 Badge101432

I think it is a scored interview not unlike Mass. Your graded on appearance, demeanor, and your responses of course. I imagine there is one person on the board whose job is to make you mad or push your buttons so be prepared. Only 30 jobs Im told...talk about competition. Friend of mine was told to get new shoes...he had new ones but they are a type of leather that dont shine for crap. Get good low quarters and buff the crap out of them...never hurts.

18. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

As of late, has anyone heard of budget concerns for the RISP considering our nations economical downfall? I saw a special last night about state budget cuts and they were interviewing Governor Carcieri.

19. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

I have a story from the test day, told by someone who was there. He was chewed out for parking improperly. FYI he has one of those new 4 door jeep wranglers....it will come into play later on in the story.

I guess after being formed into some type of formation, the Trooper began to call out plate numbers of people who F'ed up the parking procedure....Something to the effect of backing into the space, leaving your keys on your roof/hood. etc. etc.

Bare in mind he was screaming the following.

Trooper: If I call your plate number, fall out and step forward... RI 66666, RI 55555, RI 88888, RI 99999, Massachusetts J..B..., Massachusetts!!? MASSACHUSETTS!!!! Get over HERE!!! What makes you think you can come down here and take my beloved test? What the hell is your problem!?

My friend: Gave some half ass answer to the effect of, "Sir, I want to be the best of the best."

Trooper: You have got to be kidding me!! You think you can make it through my academy? You think you can be me?

Friend: "Sir, yes sir"

Trooper: Oh yeah? Well while you're busy being me, I'm gonna be you! Thats a real fancy car you got there, Mr. Massachusetts. How about I drive your car while your in the academy. How would you like that? How about I drive your car with your girlfriend in the passenger seat? How would you like that?!

My friend: Clueless as to how to answer. Just stands there at attention and says nothing.

Trooper: Get out of my face!!!

My friend then fell back into the group that got chewed out for not following directions, and then proceeded to take the test with everyone else...

I thought it was fucking hilarious though. Anyone whos been through an academy or some form of basic training can appreciate the humurous comments they make to recruits...

20. Simon

Simon Guest

So is his gf still a virgin ?????? Did the guy want her V too? LOL

21. GD

GD MassCops Member

Just an FYI, anyone is the running for RISP if you want a chance DO NOT POST ANYTHING STUPID!! Just a friendly reminder!!

22. spahopeful

spahopeful New Member

Question for anyone still in the process, have they started backgrounds?

23. MajorRawls

MajorRawls MassCops Member

I believe they have or will start soon. A guy in one of my classes is in the process right now.

24. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Saw a a friend from high school that I had no idea was in the process. He got the good news recently I believe.

25. MajorRawls

MajorRawls MassCops Member

FOSTER, R.I. -- For 37 men and women from Rhode Island and Massachusetts, this drizzly morning was the end of their former lives, and, possibly, the beginning of a new career by December.
    As the 2009 class of the Rhode Island State Police Training Academy began Monday morning, the new recruits were ordered into a run down the academy's roadway -- trotting in business suits and clutching duffel bags filled with their personal things, as academy leaders shouted at them to keep moving.
    They filed into four rows in front of the academy classroom building, staring straight ahead in the rain, as Col. Brendan P. Doherty, his top commanders, and the academy's leaders lined up along the walkway and faced them silently. The recruits include former officers in the military and local police departments, four women and 10 members of minority groups.
    Out of 1,923 applicants, "you 37 are characterized as the cream of the crop," the academy's commandant, Lt. Ernest C. Quarry Jr., said to them. "That was yesterday's news."
    To be a Rhode Island state trooper, Quarry said, they will need to possess three things: "A good attitude, the desire to be a trooper, and number 3 -- What is it, Mulcahy?"
    "Sir, heart, sir," responded recruit Courtney E. Mulcahy, of Dalton, Mass.
    "A whole lot of heart!" Quarry boomed. "That's the only thing going to get you through this training academy."

Update: RI state police academy begins - Projo 7 to 7 News Blog | Rhode Island news | The Providence Journal