RISP... Test Soon? | Page 2 | MassCops

RISP... Test Soon?

Discussion in 'Rhode Island' started by CTrain, Dec 19, 2007.

1. CTrain

CTrain New Member

Thanks for the update. Maybe see some of you guys/gals there?

2. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

Definitely.

Looks like this is going to happen fairly quickly with the application deadline sometime in August and it also states on the PAT requirements that the information is only viewable within a few weeks of the actual PAT.

3. WaterPistola

WaterPistola Subscribing Member

Minimum Physical Requirements

Males 18-29

Vertical Jump - 20.5 inches
    300m run - 56 seconds
    Situps in 1 minute - 40 situps
    Pushups - 33 pushups
    1.5 mile run - 11 minutes 58 seconds

4. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

5. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

^ LOL the person who made that video is a tool.

Fifty bucks an app is a little pricey. Concidering how small the department is, and the likely hood that everyone in RI will apply, this is going to be a tough department to get on.

6. samadam78

samadam78 MassCops Member

Hard isn't even the word last time they had a process they had like something crazy like 5000 applicants for less then 40 spots in the academy.
    I think they said 37 roster spots this time around....
    And yes they are a small dept. but they are considered the best of the best when it comes to state agencies.

7. midwatch

midwatch MassCops Member

I tihink you might find 1 or 2 people on here who disagree...

8. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Excuse me?

9. crisco88

crisco88 New Member

But in regards to the hiring practice they do it the correct way. They offer the test to any one who can PRE-QUALIFY, meaning x amount of college credits or military service, no severe criminal background violations etc. Then the physical is offered which washes out canidates, which is quite a few ( too many NY SYSTEMS in R.I., great sinful food but nonetheless a hazard to your health) then the background checks which, from I know from a P.O. in R.I. are very stringent where even a bad credit report could bounce you and that is a local p.d. not the RISP whose standards are even higher.

10. WaterPistola

yeah I might go just for the testing experience haha

11. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

I got a card stating the application deadline, August 3, 2008, and the expected academy commencement to begin in June 2009. It does seem like their process will weed out a lot of people with the preliminary application, the exam, and then the PAT. The odds are definitely against us, but you'd never know unless you try.

12. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

The RISP Troopers come from somewhere...they don't just spring from the earth fully-formed. Everyone interested should apply.

13. City Recruit

City Recruit MassCops Member

Any idea of how soon after the deadline closes they begin testing? I would be curious to know how much time I have to prepare if I were to apply.

14. City Recruit

City Recruit MassCops Member

Pardon my ignorance, as I have never taken a PT test before. Are the sit ups performed with the elbows 'pointed' forward toward the knees? I have heard of other PT tests where the arms are locked out in a straight line with hands behind the head, and must break the plane with the knees coming up, but the RISP booklet says elbows must -touch- the knees.

I would have edited my last post but didn't see an option to. I apologize if this has been answered before.

Doug

15. GD

GD MassCops Member

All RI cops come from the earth fully formed!! Where have you been!!,lol

16. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

No, no, no you got in wrong. Like Athena, MSP Troopers spring from the head of Zeus fully formed, armed and clothed in boots & breeches.

17. CTrain

CTrain New Member

Kind of off topic, but has anyone else noticed that RI Troopers are often "huge friggin' guys"? Quite a few of them that I have seen sure have been, I'm no Tiny Tim but they were some big dudes

18. WaterPistola

I wouldn't know I don't check out guys

19. GD

GD MassCops Member

Be careful!!! Some reporter might take you out of context like Delta and you will make the paper as being ANTI women etc.............

20. WaterPistola

for all the reporters out there...I am not anti women...just anti media

I guess the internet is no place for humor...go figure

21. CTrain

CTrain New Member

Hmmm. I didn't say handsome men, did I?

22. southwick34

southwick34 MassCops Member

90% of you won't even be able to sit to take the test.
    Those who have taking it before know what I mean.
    Crybaby computer tough guys

23. BPD3352

BPD3352 MassCops Member

From what I've heard, if you are taking the test... wear a suit!

24. midwatch

midwatch MassCops Member

And get a haircut.

25. CTrain

CTrain New Member

Just wondering what you're talking about???