Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

181 - 200 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
2 weeks CC.

And ya I'm sure I saw Cowboy. Honestly best testing experience I've ever had, stressful but rewarding. And thanks for the explanation on that, I could hear everything, but I couldn't see jack.
Two weeks??? That's great. Good luck to you Husky, Cowboy and everyone who took the test.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
Two weeks??? That's great. Good luck to you Husky, Cowboy and everyone who took the test.
Ya its pretty awesome, I couldn't believe when they said it. RISP will have tested and have new boots on the ground, in about the same amount of time it took me to get my test scores from Mass CS HRD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
all I could think through the whole day was how could you consciously show up unshaven, with long hair (oh a freakin mohawk) and with a PURPLE suit coat. I just don't get how people can do that. And seriously how hard is it to sit still or put your heels together...brutal. RISP have their shit together though...great department, great experience.

·
Registered
28 Posts
all I could think through the whole day was how could you consciously show up unshaven, with long hair (oh a freakin mohawk) and with a PURPLE suit coat. I just don't get how people can do that. And seriously how hard is it to sit still or put your heels together...brutal. RISP have their shit together though...great department, great experience.
I had two morons next to me. One looked like he cut his own hair with a flowbee and the other one had frisbees in his ears. "there called gauges sir". Trooper to Trooper, do we have any troopers with gauges? No Trooper. Didn't think so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
haha that sounds about right. It's unbelievable what people think is acceptable. I must say though I was not expecting some of the questions, came as a bit of a surprise. They weren't bad though...

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
haha that sounds about right. It's unbelievable what people think is acceptable. I must say though I was not expecting some of the questions, came as a bit of a surprise. They weren't bad though...
Geez... I guess that Husky, Lawman, and myself were the only ones who signed a "CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE" that stated we wouldn't discuss the content of the RISP exam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A large failure on my part. Thank you for pointing it out - it will not happen again and I presume it will not need to as I am sure it will come back to me. I apologize if it angered anyone other than myself.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
Geez... I guess that Husky, Lawman, and myself were the only ones who signed a "CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE" that stated we wouldn't discuss the content of the RISP exam.
Lol, maybe one of the mods will delete it.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts

Ya i guess you're right, pvt. Attention to detail, following simple instructions, that's the easy part.

The first rule about the RISP exam... We do not talk about the RISP exam.

The second rule about the RISP exam...we do NOT talk about the RISP exam.

Fight club rules apply people! Waiting on that letter now with instructions for the PAT...2-3 weeks for results, psh that's how it should be! RISP is clearly a top notch organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think I've ever looked forward to and dreaded something so much at the same time. The PT test will be an experience.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Cowboy, one of my good friends was the Tall Loud Black Trooper you mentioned. He said after the test all they could do was laugh there nuts off about the goof with the purple jacket (among many other tards). He stated there were alot of qualified people taking the test. He also said there were quite a few who couldn't follow simple directions (being late etc). Nothing like sticking out in the crowd and saying here I am. Good luck everyone with the process. Stay Safe!
He made QUITE the impression!! I made sure to do EXACTLY as told hahaha...

Tell him he rattle me a little, and I'm tough to scare.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
I thought the written test experience was fun (seriously) so the PAT is going to rock:shades_smile: I still can't believe that so many candidates there seemed like they couldn't take the heat (I guess I have the advantage of being disciplined, squared away, and somewhat familiar with the "game")
Your so awesome!!!:yellowcarded:

It actually was fun though.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
I don't know if awesome is the right adjective perhaps "hopelessly conformist" would be better:smug: Btw Husky did anyone have the temerity to arrive in formation wearing sunglasses on your test date? We had a couple of folks do that plus the female who presented a trooper with her RESUME and forgot her ID in the car. The fireworks were truly something to behold (although I wish I'd been there for the "hydration" remark).
Hahaha no, But that IS awesome lol.

G

·
Just got my letter today kids. I'm the first one selcted for the academy. Cowboy, I'm requesting that you be my battle buddy for the class.

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
Just got my letter today kids. I'm the first one selcted for the academy. Cowboy, I'm requesting that you be my battle buddy for the class.
Shower buddy is more appropriate..

I call BS. You'll never leave the mall. That food court is one perk too good to give up..

·
Registered
113 Posts
few memorable quotes from Saturday's exam:

"nice hair, you obviously didnt get the memo. are you going skateboarding after the test?"

"why are you staring at me?? do you want to be on my xmas list??"

"great job, nice work, you only bumped into the chief of the state police. he's only the cheif of the rhode island state police. good job."

classics!

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts

"nice hair, you obviously didnt get the memo. are you going skateboarding after the test?"

"great job, nice work, you only bumped into the chief of the state police. he's only the cheif of the rhode island state police. good job."

classics!
At that point I'd just wrap up my shit and leave. Bumping into the colonel is my cue that maybe, it's just not meant to be.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts

classics!
Can anyone else imagine R. Lee Ermey saying those quotes?

I sure as shit know I can!

·
Registered
258 Posts
The most outrageous costume I saw was some dude sporting a jean sport coat with leather elbows. Yes, black leather elbow pads, and deep down inside I knew he felt that he belonged there.

181 - 200 of 244 Posts