Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard***through the grapevine*** the MSP does ride alongs. I am interested, I live in Danvers. Tell me what I should know. TIA

·
Registered
125 Posts
Who told you that? IM currently interning with MSP and was told that ride alongs are not allowed anymore. If I knew that I probably would have went to another agency. I see enough paperwork in class and so far I feel that Im learning nothing about the job. Very disappointing internship thus far.

·
MassCops Member
81 Posts
Who told you that? IM currently interning with MSP and was told that ride alongs are not allowed anymore. If I knew that I probably would have went to another agency. I see enough paperwork in class and so far I feel that Im learning nothing about the job. Very disappointing internship thus far.
It all depends on the station commander.. We have had 2 interns do ride alongs with us and both were interns from a High School..

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our very own 971 told me that his friend and fellow police explorer did it out of the Danvers barracks.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
You can't even do ride alongs during an internship?

Very few places in CT let you do ride alongs so it's kind of frustrating. I suppose I should be happy I did some with a parole officer in NH...still I'd like to get a feel for it here in CT...so I feel your pain.

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
I interned with MSP H-4 in downtown Boston, right next to the Museum of Science for 2 semesters in 97-98. I did plenty of ride alongs. The first day I went out with the Shift Sgt. and the secretary was literally chasing me out the door to sign a waiver of liability form, just in case something happened. Pretty soon after, that Sgt. got a promotion to Lieutenant and the new Sgt. didn't seem to warm up to me much. So, next thing you know, I am sorting CMVI's and parking tickets for the court officer. All in all, it was a good time as I had already known alot of the staff for awhile. So, it must depend on the station Lieutenant if ride alongs are allowed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Get a hold of Lt. Dean Bennett out of AHQ in Danvers. He's in charge of the "Three D" team. Those guys do a lot of good stuff and he might be able to get you into a ride along with them.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
We had many interns out in my barracks go for ride alongs, one intern even got to sit in a cruiser through a pursuit. I remember her wide-eyed amazement after it was over! She said she was both scared and exhilarated! Also, the interns got to do ride alongs with VFAS (violent fugitive apprehension squad), and CPAC as well. I'm not really sure what the policy is, but I assume it's up to the station commander, so its a crapshoot.

·
Registered
131 Posts
As said before they do still allow people to go on ride-a-longs but it all depends on the part of the state you are in and who is incharge of that Barracks. I know for sure because i have been told that certain places are not allowed at all to take people out while others have no problems with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.