21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
masstroopers1 said:
1. (a)(from spouse)"Does this make me look fat?"
(b)(from supervisor)"Do you think I'm some sort of jackass?"

2. The other end of the rope isn't tied to anything.

Now, if someone would be so kind as to name the President(s) who are NOT buried in the United States...
Number 2 is correct....Number 1 is wrong!

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
THREE RIDDLES FROM THE FSCPD 2300-0700 SHIFT

What falls but never breaks ?
What breaks but never falls ?

A woman has 7 children half of them are boys. How is this possible ?

What are the only two states that have their state name in their capital ?

8)

·
Registered
334 Posts
shawnr76 said:
masstroopers1 said:
1. (a)(from spouse)"Does this make me look fat?"
(b)(from supervisor)"Do you think I'm some sort of jackass?"

2. The other end of the rope isn't tied to anything.

Now, if someone would be so kind as to name the President(s) who are NOT buried in the United States...
Number 2 is correct....Number 1 is wrong!
Interesting thing about question 2. Even if the rope were secured to something, a bail 25 feet away could still be well within reach of the horse. A 15 foot rope would give the horse the ability to walk anywhere in a circle with a 30 foot diameter (asuming an open area). If the horse were on the circumference of the circle, the bail could be placed on the circumference of the circle at a point up to 30 feet away. Perhaps for the sake of creating a brain teaser where only your desired answer is correct, you should either shorten the rope or place the bail farther than 30 feet from the horse!
:p :p :p

·
Registered
334 Posts
fscpd907 said:
THREE RIDDLES FROM THE FSCPD 2300-0700 SHIFT

What falls but never breaks ?
What breaks but never falls ?

A woman has 7 children half of them are boys. How is this possible ?

What are the only two states that have their state name in their capital ?

8)
Night falls and never breaks, day breaks and never falls

All the children are boys

Oklahoma and Indiana

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
LeadDog17 said:
Interesting thing about question 2. Even if the rope were secured to something, a bail 25 feet away could still be well within reach of the horse. A 15 foot rope would give the horse the ability to walk anywhere in a circle with a 30 foot diameter (asuming an open area). If the horse were on the circumference of the circle, the bail could be placed on the circumference of the circle at a point up to 30 feet away. Perhaps for the sake of creating a brain teaser where only your desired answer is correct, you should either shorten the rope or place the bail farther than 30 feet from the horse!
:p :p :p
:lol: Someone is quite the math student!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Here they are...there is 3 different riddles!

1."The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place."

2."Runs over fields and woods all day
Under the bed at night sits not alone,
With long tongue hanging out,
A-waiting for a bone."

3."At night they come without being fetched,
And by day they are lost without being stolen."

·
Registered
334 Posts
shawnr76 said:
Nope!

Answer is....Are you sleeping? Are you Dead?

Next ones will be better.....
This one doesn't quite make sense to me. The question is "What are the only two questions you will NEVER be able to answer?"

So long as I'm alive and awake, the answer will be "NO". However, one can never answer these questions in the affirmative!

This is FUN - Keep 'm' Coming!!!!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Some more!

1. Bill said he can hang his hat, walk 100 feet, and shoot a hole right through the hat with a gun while blindfolded. how does he do it?

2. What goes round the house and in the house but never touches the house?

3. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?

4. As I went across the bridge, I met a man with a load of wood which was neither straight nor crooked. What kind of wood was it?

5. What is is that you will break even when you name it?

6. I am the beginning of sorrow, and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me, yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk, yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun, but I am never out of darkness.

Good luck...these should keep you guys busy!

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
shawnr76 said:
Nope!

Answer is....Are you sleeping? Are you Dead?

Next ones will be better.....
Wait a second! Leaddog is right, I have been asked if I'm sleeping numerous times throughout my life and replied many times.

And I've been asked if I was dead before too, which I also answered.

In fact, you can answer those two questions any way you want, whether or not you're supplying an honest and factual statement is the difference.

There. I've said my piece. (I'm just mad because I was close :lol: ).

shawnr76 said:
Moon and stars?

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
shawnr76 said:
Some more!
1. Bill said he can hang his hat, walk 100 feet, and shoot a hole right through the hat with a gun while blindfolded. how does he do it?
He's got mad skillz?

2. What goes round the house and in the house but never touches the house?
Air?

3. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
The letter "M"

4. As I went across the bridge, I met a man with a load of wood which was neither straight nor crooked. What kind of wood was it?
Proverbial wood?

5. What is is that you will break even when you name it?
Spaces between words in sentences?

6. I am the beginning of sorrow, and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me, yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk, yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun, but I am never out of darkness.
The letter "S"

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Officer Dunngeon said:
Moon and stars?[/quote]

Stars is correct!

Also...number 3 and 6 of the new batch are correct. 3. Letter M

6. Letter s.....

Other ones were wrong!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
masstroopers1 said:
#1 He hangs his hat on the muzzle of the gun.
#2 Sunlight.
#4 Sawdust.
#5 Silence.

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together. The first runs and never gets tired. The second eats and is never full. The third drinks and is always thirsty. The fourth sings a song that is never finished.
Correct you are! Answer to yours is water, fire, earth and wind!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Here are a few more....

1. A man and his son were on a tour of an atomic power plant. In the control room, the boy asked if he could see the controls for the reactor core. The head physicist said yes, and explained how the controls worked. After the boy left, the head physicist turned to an assistant and said, "That was my son."
How could that be?

2. A true story: a white horse jumped over a tower and landed on a priest, who immediately disappeared from the landscape.
Where did this take place?

3. Three kids from Bristol went for a walk. About a mile into the walk, they came to a deep, wide river. There was no bridge. They didn't have a boat or raft, or any materials to make one. None of them could swim.
How did they cross the river?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.