Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day myself and another Trooper Had set up a stationary "road block" in a rather seedy section of town, known for having stolen cars and narcotics activities. By road black I mean we sit on the side of a city street and wave over cars with expired inspection stickers, fake inspection stickers, equipment violations, etc. It often leads to a good arrest on 94-C, warrants, etc. Anyways after only about 5 minutes of waiting we notice a red ricer approaching the intersecting street about 20 yards from our setup. The driver looks over with wide eyes and PEELS OUT the opposite direction. Of course, now the chase is on. I have to admit the ricer did accelerate quickly, about 110 on a city street. Myself and the other Trooper caught up to him quickly (after about 1/2 mile). When the ricer tried to make a quick right he down-shifted to bleed off some speed. There was a loud "bang" and the ricer glided to a serene stop, followed quickly by a violent yank out of the car by the other Trooper and myself at the gunpoint. It seems he had blown his motor. Needless to say the clown was revoked, vehicle had attached plates etc. A check of the motor revealed it to be a VTAC engine, certainly not normal in Hondas. Also a large tank of nitrious oxide was found in the trunk area. The clown claimed that the tank was empty, but if it had been full he would have "blown us away". Rightttt...not if he was a good mechanic as he was a driver! The motor also proved to stolen!

·
Registered
233 Posts
A check of the motor revealed it to be a VTAC engine, certainly not normal in Hondas.
Just to correct you sir, the name of the motor is VTEC and they are very normal in Hondas as well as Acuras. Sorry, being a gearhead I had to correct you. :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Big engine

That is why I like my Chevy V8 305 engine. You never see something like taht happen to an engine like mine.

·
Subscribing Member
58 Posts
Rumor has it that Ford is supposed to be offering the Marauder engine (5.4L)? as an option in the Police package cars in the next year or so. :D If my old 96 CV with 138,000 will go 130+, I cant emagine what the Marauder motor would do! :twisted:

·
Registered
447 Posts
LTI

I still say nothing beats the Chevy Caprice LT1's some of the troopers have. Now that is thrust and speed.

·
Subscribing Member
58 Posts
Most of the chevys on the road are either spares or guys from the last class. One of the guys at my barracks had a 95 chevy with 40K miles on it. He took it in for minor front end work and they wouldnt fix it. They gave him a 97 Ford that died, and eventually a 98 or 99 Ford.
Most of the MSP chevys have had it.
Before becoming a trooper, I worked for a local PD that had two chevys. Both were dead before 60K miles.
The chevys were a great highway car when they were new, but as a local cruiser, the suspension couldnt handle the demand of city driving.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The knock I've heard from my MSP friends is that the Caprice was faster, but the CV held up better-took more of a beating. I know our CVs hold up well.

G

·
When the Marauder was a concept there was also the concept of a Ford Version dubbed the "Blackhawk" which would ultimately become the new police vehicle from what I recall. Is there anything like this still in the works?

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
By "road block" you mean "a concentrated patrol position"?? Damn I'm jealous that you guys have cars that run well. I tried "following" a failure to stop yesterday in a POS CV w/ 132g miles.... I couldn't even get near it to get the whole plate. It was a FREAKIN' Mitsubishi sedan!!!!!!!

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
40th MPOC#309 said:
The knock I've heard from my MSP friends is that the Caprice was faster, but the CV held up better-took more of a beating. I know our CVs hold up well.
Ya! tell em Dickie!
C.V. drivin cops get more back-seat action! Lincoln-esque with high-mileage vinyl in the rear! Those Chevy's will haul ass though!
Whoever buys #206 at auction will get a beauty eh?
:wink:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm a dodge fan, so I can't wait. The big hemi is being released this year, 405HP I believe. I think it's a 6.0L as compared to the 5.7 at 350hp.

I'm not big on fords, but I would love a Marauder with the current svt motor. This supercharged 4.6 can bring the svt mustang to a 12.9 second 1/4mile. Should be low 13's in the bigger vic chassis.

The best replacement for displacement is forced induction, also way more efficient.

G

·
From what I hear Dodge is also coming out with a police-package Magnum for the 2005 model year, and will be offering it with the Hemi for 2006. Should be interesting...

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
According to "Automotive News", the Dodge police package will be known as the "Enforcer" and will be tricked out with the 6.1 Liter Hemi, 425 hp. So all you bow-tie and blue oval aficionados can begin drooling as Mopar out-performs all your ratty rides!
I've driven 'em all: Ford, Chevy and Mopar. The Fords are good utility cars...they are reliable. The Chevy's are wicked fast (not until they got the LT1), but they are junk...in the shop more than not. Mopar gives the best of both worlds: speed and reliability. Back in the day, they had the absolute best automatic transmission available: the Torqueflite A727: it was bullet proof (do not confuse it with the light duty version...)

Anyway, having scrolled through this topic, I saw a kid up above had explained the Honda VTEC engine, stating that he was a "gear-head". Sorry, kid, if you're wrenching ricers, you're not a "gear-head": Pick a car...Ford, GM or Mopar...if it ain't got an American eight (straight or V), then it ain't a car. Period. :evil:

I talked to the Mopar vendor yesterday and he told me that he didn't know when I would be able to place an order for the 300C-SRT8...he had to make some calls...but he did tell me that the price would be in the low forties...which is about what I expected since the regular 300C I priced was about 35K...I'll keep you advised about the Mopar Quest. 8)

I had to wash my driveway the other day because some guy driving a GM product pulled in and left oil spots on the deck...oh well, at least GM products are consistent! :wink:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry Guys... Mustang Saleen... Chipped out... 486 hp.... with all the tricks...

I say throw some light packages on that and give the bad guys a 30 second head start... :) .. never get away

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Just saw an article: real HEMI's available form Mopar: original 426 CID @ 425 hp, or 426 race mills, both available as crate...or short....

Mustang is cool...but it's the first morning "sh*t" of Mopar.

And just get over it.........Hemi rules, all others drool. Hey, that's why NASCAR disqualified them...bow-ties and blue-ovals couldn't compete! (and they still can't!)

We're talking about an engine design from the fifties...kinda like the over-rated Chevy mouse motor, except Chevy never fixed their starter problem: wrong location/too hot, starter fails...it was a problem on my 69 Rally Sport (327), and continued to be a problem on the '90's cruisers. I'm confident Mopar would have fixed their problems...if there were any! You can argue the Bendix Electroject fuel system, but that wasn't a mopar design (and it's fixable with todays caps, as all they had then was the oil caps: just replace the caps with the current tech, and the system works fine...).

So There!

·
1,334 Posts
Here are some pictures I found online of the 2006 Dodge Enforcer Model.

Dodge Enforcer

1 - 20 of 133 Posts