Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rhode Island State Police is pleased to announce that effective August 1, 2012, the recruitment, application, and selection process for the 2013 Rhode Island State Police Recruit Training Academy will begin. The application period will end on October 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM.
The stages of the recruitment and selection process are as follows:
  • August 1, 2012 - October 1, 2012: Recruitment & Application Period
  • November 3 - 4, 2012: Written examination
  • January 2 - 11, 2013: Physical agility testing
  • January 21 - 31, 2013: Oral Board examinations
  • February through June, 2013: Background investigations, psychological and medical testing, selection
  • July, 2013: 2013 State Police Recruit Training Academy begins
The Rhode Island State Police encourages prospective applicants to periodically monitor this website to follow any changes that may occur to the above described schedule. For specific information with respect to qualifications and the selection / training process, you may call (401) 444-1192 for additional details.
Thank you for your interest in the Rhode Island State Police.
Sincerely,

James G. Pereira
Major
Chief Administrative Officer
Good luck to all that apply

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Intense process... However, I remember just after this process, something closer to home started as well. Remember that convo at ASCO?

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
I'll be doing it again for sure

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
One year from application/test to academy start?

Given we just had a what.... 3? 4? year delay from test to academy start.... I'm thinking RI goes pretty quickly... in comparison !
MA is fucking ridiculous and is in it's own universe when it comes to waiting/hiring periods.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
There is NOTHING right about the hiring and training process in MA...except for the $$$.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Except when they're manhandling poor innocent Native Americans who are just trying to sell their cigarettes tax-free in order to make a living...

Yeah, especially in instances like this. The Governor ordered the State police to do it but when the shit hit the fan he backed down. The Colonel backed his men and stood up to the governor.

·
I see you rollin', I'm hatin'
75 Posts
Reactions: Hush

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
I was going to apply but realized how unfair it would be to native Rhode Islanders to, as a MassHole, get hired and promoted to Lt. Col all in one month. So, I'll just bide my time where I'm at until retirement then be Head BagBoy at Stop & Shop where my gas points will add up to a lifetime of savings and very nicely pad my pension.

I've got it all figured out.

Invade Poland.........THAT WAS AWESOME! I'm litterally still laughing at that one! Well played indeed. (Not sarcasm!)

Reactions: BxDetSgt

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Sure, if you like showing up to work dressed like you're going to invade Poland.

Those uniforms are part of the reason the Centrum, Expo and Mullen Centers are full every time the exam is given.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts