Revere Police Officer Daniel Talbot (News Articles & Comments) | Page 3 | MassCops

Revere Police Officer Daniel Talbot (News Articles & Comments)

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Oct 1, 2007.

1. robodope

robodope MassCops Member

Exactly..People always get the harsher punishment for the cover up vs. the crime. I have no sympathy for him drunk or not. First off he ran away..It is what is..You want him coming to back you up?? Second when you put on those stripes you take on a diffrent level of responsibility..A good Sgt would never leave his officers behind like that...There is no excuse and the thing that is most upsetting is it clouds what really happened..No matter how you spin the situation a brother officer is gone..

2. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

I am by no means excusing anything he did. He deserves to get fired.

I was just trying to make sense of this whole tragic situation.

3. PaulKersey

PaulKersey New Member

How a Sgt, or any cop for that matter, can know one of his own is down in a pool of blood, and then flee the scene is mind boggling. It would make sense if he said he was flagging that cruiser down to call for the team, or to jump in to pursue the assailants etc. -providing there was already plenty of help at the scene tending to the officer down.

To flag down a cruiser that was responding to help, and to order them away from the scene so he could get away is just mind boggling. What would have been the worst thing that happened for drinking behind the school in this situation, maybe a three day hit? Big deal!

Now he has to live with himself knowing he left one of his guys in a pool of blood.
    I heard this story the night it happened, but didn't want to believe it. We can only hope he didn't know all the details, and was leaving because he thought the guys were just letting rounds off for no reason.

Either way, Walmart is hiring.

4. Dr.Magoo

Dr.Magoo Subscribing Member

We as police officers need to be there for each other when it hits the fan. If this officer did as is stated above, then he should be ashamed of himself. He has tarnished the badge and should find another line of work. The issue that disturbs me the most is that when he flagged down the responding cruiser he said nothing. He was more interested in covering his ass than trying to save a brother officer. This so called officer spit on the grave of Off. Talbot that night and should have to pay for it. Enjoy your new career at McDonalds asshole and don't let the door hit you on the way out. :up_yours:

I still hope that somehow this is all untrue...but things just don't look right.

5. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Let's put it this way, Revere PD never fires anyone unless it's really really serious. This guy doesn't deserve to be one of us and should be ousted and fired with maximum prejudice.

6. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

I just had to make a call...

I learned from a very reliable source that is exactly what happened.

There's a part of me that is always willing to give a cop the reason for the doubt.

This ain't it.

7. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Scared? Sure.
    Wanting to get out of there? Sure, maybe.
    Actually LEAVING when one of your own is hit? NO.

Even if he didn't know Dan Talbot had been hit, even if he didn't realize how serious things had gotten, as a sergeant, as a man, as a brother, even if they had been up to something 'wrong', you stick it out and hope for the best. Panic, or at least fear is a normal reaction to a very stressful situation, it's what you do with that panic or fear is what makes you worthy of the job.

I'm saddened for his friends and family and I'm disgusted by him. He SHOULD do the right thing and at least do a mea culpa and resign. It's the one thing that might save some slim bit of respect he might get.

I never worked with the guy and only those that did can truly judge his overall worth, but I don't see much worth there.

8. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

If all of this is true the Sgt. is as much of a POS as Lodi and the rest of the scumbags involved

9. smd6169

smd6169 Subscribing Member

...As a fellow citizen, as a fellow human.

10. misconceived

misconceived is Goin down the bah

11. redsox03

redsox03 MassCops Member

The piece of shit's lawyer was on the news last night saying they were all knuckleheads for drinking in public, but he then goes on to excuse Franklin's actions because he was off duty.... WTF?
    The coward should of been a man and resigned. I hope he has fun saying "Hi, welcome to Walmart".

12. smd6169

smd6169 Subscribing Member

This reminds me of a shooting incident in NY not too long ago. A pair of patrolman on a foot beat came under fire. One officer began returning fire and when he looked back to see if his partner was ok, all he saw was his partners back, 2 blocks away, running from the scene.

Did the other 2 officers in this incident face any disciplinary action for public drinking - I sure hope not?

13. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The written decision from the mayor stated he believed such an infraction might warrant a 30-day suspension, but not termination. There was no mention of whatever sanctions were meted out to the patrol officers who didn't run away like scared rabbits.

I'm among the first to defend a cop, but there's no defending this former disgrace to the badge. Good riddance.

14. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my Ranger Regiment.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move farther, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

15. Mitpo62

Mitpo62 Subscribing Member

That was a good read by the mayor. I can hardly to wait to read the draft of the ex-sergeant's appeal to CS.

16. Pacman

Pacman Woggalicious!

My heart weeps for Danny and his family and fellow officers. I can neither convey the pain nor can I say that I can remotely relate to what they are all going through. But seeing tears in the eyes of a co worker of Danny's when they came to post fund raiser info at our station was more than enough.

As for you Former Sgt. Franklin, you sir are a scumbag of the lowest order!!! My hatred of the kind of trash that you are cannot be effectively communicated through this message board. I assure you sir that there is a hell that is reserved solely for cowards and liars. I fully intend to live long enough to piss on your grave for what you did to Danny and everyone that loved him you god damned filthy piece of shit!!!

17. Kilvinsky

This guy should have done the right thing and resigned. He only added to his tainted hide by waiting to be fired. Good Riddence.

I doubt he'll be reading any of these posts, frankly, were I in his shoes, I'd have to move out of the region in hopes of hiding my shame.

18. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

I thought alcohol was suppose increase your courage???? Not make you run like a "BEATCH"!!!:mad:

19. Kilvinsky

for some it's 10 feet tall and bullet proof. I guess for some others it's
    one foot tall and flammable.

I have no respect for him what-so-ever, but since I've never been in that situation and can only pray I would not do the same cowardly thing, I'll just hope he moves out of state AND FAST so as to save his family any more shame.