·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lawmakers pass resolution for recently retired deputy chief

The Patriot Ledger
Posted Aug 16, 2008 @ 02:00 AM

BRAINTREE -
State lawmakers have passed a resolution honoring 29-year veteran Braintree police officer Kevin McHugh who recently retired.
McHugh has served as a deputy chief since 2004.
A retirement party for McHugh was held Friday night at the Sons of Italy.
State Rep. Joseph Driscoll, D-Braintree, a former Norfolk County prosecutor, had high praise for McHugh.
"I had an opportunity to work with Kevin while I was an assistant district attorney, and have great admiration and respect for him as a professional law enforcement officer," Driscoll said. "As a citizen of Braintree, I deeply appreciate his service to our town, and the three generations of McHughs who have worn the uniform."
McHugh's father, Paul J. McHugh, who died in 2005, was a Braintree police detective. Ryan McHugh, McHugh's son, is a member of the Braintree force. Braintree Fire Chief Kenneth McHugh is McHugh's brother.
After graduating from Archbishop Williams High School in 1966, McHugh worked for the FBI.
He later served in the Air Force as an aerial photographic intelligence interpreter during a tour of Vietnam.
When he returned stateside, McHugh took classes at Boston State College and graduated in 1978.
McHugh joined the Braintree Police Department several months later.
In 1994, he was promoted to sergeant. He became a lieutenant in 2002.
Over the years McHugh took many special courses, some of which helped him to qualify as expert witness for accident reconstruction.
McHugh and his wife, Mary, have been married for 34 years. The couple have two daughters, Jennifer and Colleen.

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/c...ntree-police-deputy-chief-honored-for-service

1 - 1 of 1 Posts