Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Rogers Park District patrolman Sergio Oliva won the 1981 Mr. Europe bodybuilding competition in Germany. His uniform had to be specially tailored. (David Nystrom/Chicago Tribune file photo, 1981) (January 30, 1981)

A retired Chicago police officer who was the only bodybuilder to beat Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Mr. Olympia competition has died.

Sergio Oliva, 71, a longtime Rogers Park District officer, was found unresponsive by a family member Monday and pronounced dead at St. Francis Hospital Evanston, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Oliva defected to the United States from Cuba in 1963 at a Pan American Games qualifying competition in Jamaica, bringing the entire Cuban bodybuilding team with him. He came to Chicago in 1963 because "he heard this was where the jobs were," longtime friend Jack Merjimekian said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ion-bodybuilder-dies-20121113,0,3844901.story

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,745 Posts
RIP

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Would think all that mass would've slowed him down in a crossdraw. If he could reach it at all??? RIP......
You'd think, but I'm sure working in Chicago, he had plenty of occasions to break leather. Not to mention he had those other guns that likely deterred many a hoodlum. RIP

Reactions: Marks72

·
Yeah, THAT GUY!
2,728 Posts
Recently had a "tread" say to one of my Sgt's "you know I can fight, I will fight you". My Sgt said "you don't want to fight me, I will punch a hole through the back of your head". This came from a man that I believe can and WOULD do it. I can only imagine what lines Ofc Oliva had..... "I will break you in half"! And he could!
Awesome comeback for a braggard.

RIP Sir!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.