Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken from the Patriot Ledger.

PLYMOUTH - Local police and veterans are mourning the loss of a brother.

Retired Plymouth Police Sgt. Mike Ferazzi was among seven bikers who died Friday in a motorcycle crash in Randolph, New Hampshire. Ferazzi had been riding with the Jarheads Motorcycle Club, a group of U.S. Marine Corps veterans that include several South Shore residents.

Retired Plymouth sergeant among bikers killed in N.H. crash

·
Registered
965 Posts
Mike was my academy classmate his first time around. He was a proud Marine, so the discipline and PT (and the PT as discipline...) never phased him. I was never much of a runner but in the beginning he was next to me to help me get through it.

After we graduated we worked together a lot. We worked lots of hot calls, including our share of multiple-fatals. We wound up making family notifications after one of them, a hard night to get through for both of us. I retired and moved south, Mike left on an injury but later came back after 6 years or so. What I heard was he was offered an easy ride through the academy, only academics. He turned it down and did all the PT again, at 53.

He then retired... moved to NH and was working part time. He had some health issues but was, to all reports, enjoying life.

Mike was quite a guy. R.I.P my brother. Next time I'm up there I'll leave a dime on his headstone...

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,741 Posts
Mike was my academy classmate his first time around. He was a proud Marine, so the discipline and PT (and the PT as discipline...) never phased him. I was never much of a runner but in the beginning he was next to me to help me get through it.

After we graduated we worked together a lot. We worked lots of hot calls, including our share of multiple-fatals. We wound up making family notifications after one of them, a hard night to get through for both of us. I retired and moved south, Mike left on an injury but later came back after 6 years or so. What I heard was he was offered an easy ride through the academy, only academics. He turned it down and did all the PT again, at 53.

He then retired... moved to NH and was working part time. He had some health issues but was, to all reports, enjoying life.

Mike was quite a guy. R.I.P my brother. Next time I'm up there I'll leave a dime on his headstone...
Sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

His son is on my job. A bunch of us attended the funeral Mass yesterday. A larger number hit the wake the night before. I recall when he went BACK through the Academy after his injury so as to return to duty. They took it easy on him, but he refused to let them take it TOO easy and he graduated, LEGIT. That's a real man. (I'd have asked to sit in the classroom and read history books).

His son Matt is a truly stand up guy. When he got up to say a few words after the Mass, it was tough to not cry, in spite of the great humor that was added and the general machismo of all of us from the Department....even the women, as feminine as they are.

What happened in NH was tragic and infuriating and we can all only hope that that douche will truly face justice. A mistake? NO. Had this been his first offense, as angry as I am, I would have some sympathy for him, SOME. But whereas this is almost a ritual with him, hang him.

Too many good decent people are gone now because of ONE individual (and the scum who employed him-regardless of his issues) and that cannot be ignored.

RIP Mike, I never met you, but I have that connection and it hurts to lose a good man.

Ironically (maybe) today, the day after the funeral, is the 73rd anniversary of another Plymouth Police Officer's passing.
Patrolman George S. Bell

Plymouth Police Department, Massachusetts

End of Watch Saturday, June 29, 1946

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,755 Posts
Very Sad......................
RIP Marine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts