Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LTC class A restricted out of boston ma how can i go about getting my LTC Class A unristricted if i have all the requirements for an LTC, but boston Ma would not give a all lawfull purpose.why.

·
Subscribing Member
569 Posts
What are the specific restrictions? The reason I ask is that you may not need to have it for "All Lawful Purposes". You have a Class A, sometimes people get needlessly hung up on the type restrictions placed on a license.

The local licensing authority can lawfully place restrictions on your LTC regardless of whether or not you meet all of the requirements.

As far as I know, there is no appeal process for license restrictions. The pertinent statutes only refer to appeals based on license denials, revocations, and suspensions. You have not been denied a license. Get me some more info and I might be able to shed some light on this.

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
chief,

Boston has a policy of placing a big red restricted stamp on your class A LTC. When I had mine issued from there several years ago they did this for various reasons for issue. target shooting, conditional with employment. When I worked for a department in Boston alot of guys used to get peeved at it. I heard some grumblings 5 years ago that someone appealed and the judge refused to hear the case citing the fact the license had been issued not sure if that is the same case you are refering to.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Why? Because they can. Search around here for the debates about a reason not being a restriction and the fact that they "restricted" means nothing as it isn't really in the law (the methodology). Then ask yourself if you want to be a test case.
Like John 77 said, move and reapply.

romio0925";p="69135 said:
I have an LTC class A restricted out of boston ma how can i go about getting my LTC Class A unristricted if i have all the requirements for an LTC, but boston Ma would not give a all lawfull purpose.why.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.