Rest in Peace Steve Landesberg | MassCops

Rest in Peace Steve Landesberg

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by cc3915, Dec 22, 2010.

1. cc3915

cc3915 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Steve Landesberg, an actor and comedian with a friendly and often deadpan manner who was best known for his role on the long-running sitcom Barney Miller died in Los Angeles on Monday. He was 74.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/arts/television/21landesberg.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGv_7VgFgeg"]YouTube - Barney Miller: Dietrich and Yemana discuss... I'm not sure what they're talking about.[/nomedia]

2. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

Rest in Peace Steve Landesberg. Thanks for the accurate portrayal of a "regular cop" dealing with nutty people. You made us laugh!

3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

+1

4. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

I loved that guy. In fact, I thought he was the best part of Barney Miller.
    There was an episode, I wish I could find it on Youtube.
    Where there were a bunch of protesters who were picketing a business because of "bad grammar". I forget the precise premise.

This was long before the spelling & grammar police appeared on the internet.

So the perp comes up to Dietrich and says something along the lines of "I cant stand the mutilation of the English language", "this has to stop!" "Its not right!".

So Landesberg (Deitrich) says (in his quintessential dry, deadpan); "I sympathize with you. I myself cannot abide the cavalier way in which people butcher the English language. Personally, it makes me sick. Irregardless, I have to lock you up".

Most people missed the subtle inference.
    If it weren't for my my dad, I would have missed it completely.
    God love Landesberg. He was a diamond in the rough for sure.
    Rest in Peace my friend.