Resident Cited for Using Blue Emergency Lights | MassCops

Resident Cited for Using Blue Emergency Lights

Discussion in 'Police Impersonation News' started by southy88, May 31, 2010.

1. southy88

southy88 MassCops Member

Easton —
    An Easton man was cited for using blue and white flashing emergency lights over the weekend.
    On Saturday night, May 22, at approximately 11:35 p.m., the Easton Police Department received a 911 call regarding a white pickup truck flashing blue strobe lights at the caller while it was traveling east on Depot Street.
    The witness called 911 to report the incident because he was concerned the truck may not be an emergency vehicle. The suspect tailgated the witness for approximately one quarter of a mile until the witness turned on to Center Street, according to police. The witness turned around and managed to obtain the registration number to the truck which was then reported to the police department.

Resident cited for using blue emergency lights - Easton, MA - Easton Journal

18yrs old. Starting young. Kids been in trouble before, just another charge to add...

2. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I bet his excuse is he wants to become a Police Officer and is going to college to get a CJ degree.

3. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Wells said he used the flashing blue lights because the vehicle in front of him was traveling in excess of the posted 35 mph speed limit. Lynch instructed Wells to remove the flashing lights from his vehicle. The blue and white flashing lights were confiscated and entered as evidence. Wells was given a citation for unauthorized use of blue emergency lights without a permit which
    carries a civil fine of $300

Whacker!!!

4. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Its amazing how many volunteer FD whackers have red lightbars on their POV's in NH.

5. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

"Wells said he used the flashing blue lights because the vehicle in front of him was traveling in excess of the posted 35 mph speed limit"
    so you tailgated her? that usually makes people go faster

6. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

You mean their pickup trucks? :smoke:

7. Lost

Lost MassCops Member

On my way home from work one day, I saw a NY truck with a full blue bar on top. I understand this whole different colors for different states thing, but no one needs a full lightbar that is a "courtesy light." You are on a vacation and you have a small dash light or something, that's one thing, but I couldn't help but ponder whether I would have made a "courtesy stop" if I was still on the clock.

8. rg1283

rg1283 MassCops Member

A Simple dash light or the 80s style Magnet mount Bubble gum light is all that is needed.

It is gay to have all of these wig wags and stuff that make the Logan Airport Run way lights look dim.

Especially if your plowing! No one can see you stupid wig wags and no one can see you if you don't have a simple $20 blinking light on your roof.

9. JF5

JF5 MassCops Member

Hush, living in NH (formerly Ma) I don't have as big an issue with the FD having their little red lights as I do with people having blue. In many towns up here that is all that is available (volunteers). So if they need to use their little red lights to get through traffic faster to save a life...by all means man.

It's truly scary in some areas up here knowing who and what is responding at times!

10. a76589

a76589 MassCops Member

The volunteer fire fighters around me have more light bars and hidden grill lights than the cruisers in town. It might be easier to get behind one of their trucks and follow them to a call. Let them clear traffic.

11. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I live in a small town where there is full time FD but there are plenty of communities in the area who utilize volanteer firemen/women. I even work with a cop who is a call firefighter in his community. I have no issue with these folks if all is on the up an up. One thing was bothering me though the other day. I took my dog out in to the back yard a while ago. It was about 05:00 and not a car on the road. All of a sudden I hear these sirens aproaching. I counted about five POV's all decked out with red lighs, all of them running full code with sirens. It's 05:00 on a fucking Saturday people. Having have worked nights and responding t call at Zero Dark Thirty, I never have used sirens on residential streets...

...WTF, Grow up.