Reserve academy tattoo policy | MassCops

Reserve academy tattoo policy

Discussion in 'Reserve / Auxiliary' started by Mass422, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Mass422

Mass422 MassCops Member

Good afternoon,
    I have some questions regarding the reserve academy, specifically Foxboro and Plymouth. Does the academy have any sort of tattoo policy? I know that individual departments have their own policies in place regarding tattoos, whether they are allowed or not, visible etc. However, do the police academys themselves have any policies regarding visible tattoos while in the academy? I do not have any offensive tattoos whatsoever, however, that being said I do have multiple visible tattoos in a short sleeve shirt. I have been sponsored by a dept for the academy, just wondering if anyone has any input. Thank you.

2. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

you should be fine. I have about 5 exposed tattoos in my short sleeve shirt and I currently attend the academy in Foxboro

Mass422 and Ghost12345 like this.
  3. Mass422

Mass422 MassCops Member

Thanks for the information fella's, much appreciated.

4. felony

felony MassCops Member

The academy does not have regulations regarding visible tattoos. Its up to the appointing authority (PD) to have a policy regarding them. The academy just wants you to wear their polo/pants or collard shirt and khakis.

pahapoika likes this.
  5. Mcw303

Mcw303 MassCops Member

How did you like the NERPI class? Did you take it recently? If you had the chance to do it over again, would you go back there or choose another facility?

I'm considering taking it this Fall. I've already received sponsorship I'm just reviewing the pros and cons of each facility...

6. Mcw303

Mcw303 MassCops Member

Yeah the schedule now is Saturday/Sunday 8-3 from Sept. - April. It could be worse but it's certainly quite the commitment. I believe they offer the firearms training for an additional fee.

Sounds like you had a great experience there, thanks for sharing.

7. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

I attended the Plymouth RIBA and a few of my classmates had tattoos below the elbow. You should be fine, but a bunch of departments in MA have tattoo policies... That's when you should worry