Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing some research on IMC CAD software (http://www.imcus.com/).

I am looking for answers to the following from people and dept.'s that use IMC CAD ONLY.

How many times over the past 3 years has your IMC CAD system
" crashed" due to a hardware and/or software failure?

How long did it take to get back on line?

If you do not know if you could please find out and post the answers here.

In advance, thank you all for your help.

Jeremie

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have been using IMC for going on I thing 7 if not more years. Since I have been here (5yrs) it has crash about three times, and has taken about two or three days to get it up and running. Over the past two year it has not crashed at all so it appears the updates have been addressing the problems, or we are just lucky.

I hope this helps you

JC

·
Registered
36 Posts
We've had IMC for about 2 years. Aside from some minor glitches when updating the software, there've been no problems. It's an excellent system. (I should point out that one of our cops is a real techno-whiz and takes good care of the system)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've been w/ my department for 5yrs and we've had IMC longer than that. I don't recall ever having any major problems with it. I am actually going w/ our resident egghead to IMC HQ on 12/3 for training/orientation on the new version of IMC Dispatch they are launcing very shortly.

G

·
We just started using IMC in July and it has gone down once....it appeared that someone deleted the files in the main directory, but it has worked pretty good so far.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have worked for two departmeants that use!!! IMC I never remember them ever having a problem. I think it really is one of the best programs out there, it is really idiot proof.

·
Registered
98 Posts
IMC

I'm interested in hearing more about IMC - especially from agencies with 100+ sworn officers. My agency is considering it. I'm interested in hearing about user's likes / dislikes and how the company is to deal with (i.e. support issues, etc...)

Thanks!
Brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Support is execellent, They are trying to extend thier support times to about 7 or 8 pm because of the time differences in other parts of the U.S. . The IMC software is very stable along with the Database engine called Pervasive. The trouble lies with Windows since it can be very unstable. If your network is developed correctly and only giving the user rights to look at files you want them to see, you won't have issues with users accidently deleting files used by IMC because they are snooping around in the IMC server. We use WIN 2k and run about 15 workstations, it can be a real pain in the but keeping all 15 running smoothly. But the IMC software (full MPS) is excellent and highly recommended for large departments.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Go with QED

And for smaller departments that think their officers have nothing better to do except try to validate reports for UCR / NBRIS stats go with QED. :x Touted by many as one of the most fuc*%d up CAD systems out there. Of course this is my opinion and not the views of my dept. :roll:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Could someone explain the functions of the Pervasive database for me please. It appears as though it keeps a log of a users activity. I have also noticed a function labeled, "Listen In", what is that supposed to be?

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Webster said:
Could someone explain the functions of the Pervasive database for me please. It appears as though it keeps a log of a users activity. I have also noticed a function labeled, "Listen In", what is that supposed to be?
The Pervasive database is nothing more than a database used to store the entries (reports, calls, email etc...) into CAD. The "Listen In" feature sounds like big brother??? not sure.

Pervasive Software(R) Inc . (NASDAQ:pVSW), a provider of data-management solutions powering the success of application developers worldwide, has announced that Information Management Corporation (IMC), Grafton, Mass., has upgraded its public safety software to the Pervasive.SQL(TM) V8 database and all new shipments will allow end users to immediately harness the increased performance and functionality found in V8.

Developed over a decade ago on Btrieve(TM), predecessor to Pervasive.SQL, IMC's applications depend on the high-reliability and low-administration requirements of the powerful database from Pervasive. IMC supplies more than 500 state and local police, fire and sheriff departments across the nation with software to preserve and manage vital public safety data and resources .

"Our customers work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and must have every confidence that the software they use and database on which it is built will per form at the highest possible level," said Bernie Noe, president of IMC. "The Pervasive database does a great job for us and is completely seamless to our customers. The majority of our customers do not have dedicated IT departments, so we try to manage the software upgrades and releases as painlessly as possible. Our partnership with Pervasive makes that feasible."

Read More......
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m0BNP/22/103446190/p1/article.jhtml

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jeremie,
Thank you to you and the rest of the Armed services for your service in Kuwait, Afghanistan and Iraq . True Americans are proud of you and your colleagues
and wish you the best :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.