Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harrison was driven off the field on a cart after suffering a knee injury on the final play of the third quarter.

BOSTON (WBZ) ― It appears Patriots safety Rodney Harrison is out for the season - and his career may be over - according to a report.

Harrison was driven off the field on a cart after suffering a knee injury on the final play of the third quarter Monday night against the Denver Broncos at Gillette Stadium.

"It doesn't look too good," coach Bill Belichick said of Harrison after the game.

The NFL Network's Adam Schefter wrote on his blog Tuesday that Harrison suffered a season-ending, and potentially career-ending, torn quad muscle.

Harrison turns 36 in December and his contract is up after this season.

"Many will root for Harrison to return, and it's always possible he could. But if he decides he wants to play, he will be attempting an improbable comeback. This is a tough injury to overcome for an aging safety," Schefter wrote.

The Patriots have already lost quarterback Tom Brady and running back
Laurence Maroney for the season.

Running back Sammy Morris also left Monday night's game with a knee injury.

http://wbztv.com/sports/patriots/rodney.harrison.injury.2.845344.html

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
I believe last night we witnessed the final time we will ever see Rodney in a Patriots jersey...
He knew it too. When they carted him off, you could tell he was fighting them back...
He was one of those players you hated when on the opposing team, but I loved having him on ours.
I'll never forget the Eagle Dance in TO's face after winning SB 39... I'll miss #37 for certain. Good luck Rodney...

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
By far one of my favorite players.I do agree that was it for his career.but Rodney is no dummy ,very smart guy..did you know he attended Ref school, so he could know the rules better and maybe for after the game..So maybe this isnt the last time you will see him on the field.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts