Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks.
It's a really small school (less than a thousand students); plus it's all girls - should be intersting. VOR are you '352' on CVN?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Enjoy it for what it is

I used to work at Regis years ago.
take what you can out of it and build that resume for the next job
it isn't much police work, especially in the summer
but at least it is a police job and a starting point.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Re: Enjoy it for what it is

The Jesters said:
I used to work at Regis years ago.
take what you can out of it and build that resume for the next job
it isn't much police work, especially in the summer
but at least it is a police job and a starting point.
My point exactly! I am a part-timer (on-call) at Regis. I was regular PT for 2 years, great bunch of guys, but you will be bored and VERY bored during the summer... there's no one there. There are boys on Campus, on of the dorms is leased to A.I. and if there are any current or former wentworth guys here they can tell you about them... woo-wee... There will be a fair amount of action during the school year (for a small school). The action is definately about 10 times higher than it was just a few years ago, due to both having AI on campus and the school lowered their SAT entrance requirments... with ghetto girls, comes ghetto guys and ghetto problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Regis College

u havent even started yet and u r already complaining about the job. why are u complaining? do u know how hard it is to get a job especially in the police field. consider yourself lucky. we dont want to hear it!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts

Enjoy the "DOWN TIME" while you can. Soon you'll be shoveling out the nuns' cars on a snowy winter day. Not to mention delivering the president's globe. And that's when it's busy.

·
Registered
23 Posts

How bad does that suck. You could possibly end up being paid to sit in some air conditioned building drinking iced coffee, watching DVD'S or playing PS2 all summer. Sorry, I have no sympathy for you. Enjoy it.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts

Enjoy the "DOWN TIME" while you can. Soon you'll be shoveling out the nuns' cars on a snowy winter day. Not to mention delivering the president's globe. And that's when it's busy.
Interesting... I've been there 2 years and never shoveled for the nuns (or anyone for that matter).

·
Registered
36 Posts

Hey KN you have not shoveled snow because you are PT or on call. Believe me I have cleaned off the cars and delivered newspapers many times when I was there. Oh and dont forget about hanging the Xmas lights around the school as well, that was the breaking point for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts

doesnt the school have maintaners (spelling sux i know) ? or under your contract u r both the law enforcers and do crap that has NOTHING!! to with police work. i guess u should get the job description and give it to the administrators and let them know bc maybe they forgot . yeah righ!!

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts

doesnt the school have maintaners (spelling sux i know) ? or under your contract u r both the law enforcers and do crap that has NOTHING!! to with police work. i guess u should get the job description and give it to the administrators and let them know bc maybe they forgot . yeah righ!!
The 2 years I've been there, and during a few snow storms mind you, I've never seen or heard of a CPO Shoveling out the nuns. Granted I was only part-time, but I was around during many snow days and the only "dirty work" related to snow I've heard of was once pushing a car out... whoopy! The Physical plant (Maintenance) guys like the OT so they don't mind coming in... heck, many times they were in after just a few flakes... having some NEW trucks have helped too... Things have continued to change for the better, albiet slowly. Sorry, they still deliver papers in the early AM

·
Registered
23 Posts

Sounds to me more like Sister Act 3. Please tell me that you don't have to clean bathrooms and plunge the toilets.

·
Registered
21 Posts

During my short time at Regis, I was expected to be a Bell Boy, I deleivered the president's Boston Globe daily and of course I was told to dig out cars....

Buddy would have fit in just fine with dumb and dumber...

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts

Like I said, YES they still deliver the papers... No, no one in CP shovels.. all done by Ph. Plant.

I wonder if Regis is headed by a "Buddy Holly and the Pretenders" type of crew?
I'll invoke the 5th amendment on this one...

No toilet plunging Catfish. If someone needs a plunger I'll give it to them and they plunge it. If it THEY can't plunge it, we wake up phys plant on-call person, they don't mind - it's OT.

Sister Act? The nuns have crap for authority anymore. The board of trustees controls the College and the nuns are represented by one person on the board. Administration runs the show. There are VERY few nuns left there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

After two days, I'm wondering if it's for me....much more like security than police...

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.