Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some feedback on this one. Recently, I dealt with two derelicts on a M/V stop. The driver was the owner of the vehicle. The passenger was not wearing his seatbelt. Both were in their late 20's.
The passenger was deserving of a citation, however he stated that he left his license at home. The more I spoke with the passenger, the more apparent it bacame that he ws giving a false name(no RMV record, kept giving different spelling of name, address, different SS #). Driver stated that he just met passenger and only knew his first name. Long story short, passenger was at least 16 and could receive a citation; what was the strongest course of action I could take against the passenger in this situation?

G

·
its always fun to be mislead with false names, DOBs, SS etc.

just run what they give you... if youre pretty sure they are full of it, when you go back to the car confirm that the name they give you is in fact authentic, and if they say yes, then say there is a warrant out for his arrest. Usually works lol :lol:

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Give the operator a gig for the seatbelt violation x2. Its only $25 per violation, but as MT1 says, not a lot you can do.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This has worked for me once or twice: If you take them out of the vehicle for a pat frisk (you don't know who you have) you can usually spot the bulge of a wallet. Ask them to open it, 9/10 times there is something in there with a name on it (credit card, EBT card, etc.). If you you going with word of mouth info, ask them if they've ever had a ticket before, the history will help confirm yea or nay. Keep digging with the questions until they trip up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
SRRerg, that's a good one. Also ask how many times they have been arrested before and see if you can match it up to the BOP listing when you do his or her license query.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts