Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I recall there is a MGL for it and it is a $5.00 fine.

I believe if an officer requests NAME and ADDRESS of passenger at night time, (I forget how night time was worded exactly and defined) there is a CMVI for it.

HOWEVER, I was taught that it was basically a rights violation in doing so and might even be under review. However, I do feel that it's a safety issue and a nice tool.

It may be just easier to see if the passenger(s) aren't wearing seatbelts and get the required info that way.
Back in the mid 80's got pulled over, on 128, by a (post merger) really short trooper suffering from Napoleon syndrome. 2AM. Trooper thought for sure he had bagged a drunk driver given the time. He asked my passengers and me where we were coming from. He got really angry when we told him we were coming from a sober dance at a church. He demanded everyone's ID. Never had a trooper be such an asshat before or since (haven't even been stopped since 1989)
He threw the ticket at me when he was done. No DUI quota points for him that night. 😀😃😄

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Back in the mid 80's got pulled over, on 128, by a (post merger) really short trooper suffering from Napoleon syndrome. 2AM. Trooper thought for sure he had bagged a drunk driver given the time. He asked my passengers and me where we were coming from. He got really angry when we told him we were coming from a sober dance at a church. He demanded everyone's ID. Never had a trooper be such an asshat before or since (haven't even been stopped since 1989)
He threw the ticket at me when he was done. No DUI quota points for him that night. 😀😃😄
So your first and only post on here is to tell a BS story about being pulled over and how you “won”.

E6DF7F1A-BA77-45BF-B2C1-E30AB329A924.jpeg

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Didn’t they merge in 1992?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts