Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put a strip of reflective tape on the butt end of their handgun magazine? I've seen some officers with this. Only reason I could think of is to make the magazine easier to locate in the dark if you dropped it. Just curious if there is another reason(s).

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
How about using it as an identifier for "your" magazines at the range! 8)

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
725";p="51683 said:
Anyone put a strip of reflective tape on the butt end of their handgun magazine? I've seen some officers with this. Only reason I could think of is to make the magazine easier to locate in the dark if you dropped it. Just curious if there is another reason(s).
Wasnt that on cops just last night? :woot: dont forget the strip for the maglight

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Not exactly the same but I number my mags for a given gun. That way if one starts acting up at the range or in general, I can easily identify it.

All those black mags begin to look the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do it for 2 reasons. To locate it if i drop it and im on the mountain bike unit and its just a lil more reflection for the clowns that this state lets drive.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I do it on my sig mags, to locate them if dropped and to ID mine from the other guys as I take care of my SH_T...

I use a hole punch on blue 3m tape and put the dots on my mag butts.

As for cool factor: I new an old Metro guy that had mini mets badges on his Glock 17 mags.

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
Not to bring this back from the dead, but I saw tonight an officer in Providence who had a nice USA Flag on the floorplate of his carry-mag, and thought of this thread right away.

It wasnt a cheap sticker, it was "3d" meaning the sticker had a very thick "bubble" of soft rubber over it.

It was orientated like a "hanging flag" with the stripes going vertical. It just looked very nice IMO...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts