Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the man made an unquestionably bad move, but we're still talking about one of (if not the best) refs in the business.

He has more than manned up and accepted full blame.
Time to let this go. It was unintentional, he's human and we make mistakes.

And hey LT; TIME FOR YOU TO STFU!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...tDubYF?slug=ap-refs-hochuli&prov=ap&type=lgns

Ed's e-Mailed response to hate mail:
I'm getting hundreds of emails - hate mail - but I'm responding to it all. People deserve a response.

You can rest assured that nothing anyone can say can make me feel worse than I already feel about my mistake on the fumble play. You have no idea.

Affecting the outcome of a game is a devastating feeling. Officials strive for perfection - I failed miserably.
Although it does no good to say it, I am very, very sorry. ~Ed Hochuli

G

·
Everyone is entitled to make an honest mistake, and those who are sincerely sorry should be forgiven.

Unlike Larry Fucking Barnett. :cussing:

G

·
I know exactly what your referring to Bruce.
Eddy Armbister, 1975. Has to be in the top 5 of professional sports officiating fuck-ups...
I was at Fenway in 1990, and had really good seats on the Red Sox dugout side (this was when you could afford decent seats; the days before the Pink Hat crowd ruined everything). Dewey Evans was in the on-deck circle, while Barnett was sweeping off home plate. There was a quiet lull in the crowd, and suddenly someone a few rows behind me screamed;

"Hayyyy Bahnett!!! It was fuckin' intafeaence on Ahmbristah!!!!!"

After the laughter subsided, Barnett turned towards us with his arms raised by his side and said "Don't you people ever forget?"

Dewey was laughing and said "No Larry, they never forget". :cool:

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
I am forever greatful for the 2 World Series titles brought to us by the current ownership group, however they are the reason there are so many pink hats and this so called Red Sox Nation. Larry Lucchino and company created this and us real fans are stuck dealing with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts