Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Town of Ashland has sent me a conditional offer :)... The next step has begun... a lot sooner than I thought it would actually... I've only been an AUX for a year now...

Just wanted to share my news... thanks for listening... :D

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Congrats Mike! Keep your butt in-line and you'll be off to the academy in no time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gil :D

Some people think I'm crazy for making a career change now... but I can't wait till be in the mix full-time.... :D

Thanks again!
Mike

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CapeCodPolice said:
Good job Mike! What academy will you be attending? If you're looking at Plymouth, I'll see you there.
No academy for me... it's a Perminant Intermittent position... I completed the R/I Academy out of Waltham last summer...

Good luck in Plymouth!!! :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Congrats to you Michael-remember your place on the food chain. Mouth shut, ears & eyes open etc. If your views or alliances are questioned such as Union affiliation or outlooks on certain co-workers etc., state you don't really know enough about the subject and don't take any position just yet. The time will come when it will be your duty to speak out about certain issues, but for now, LIE LOW. (I know you are aware of all of this-you seem like a smart kid.) Good Luck.40. 8)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
40th MPOC#309 said:
Congrats to you Michael-remember your place on the food chain. Mouth shut, ears & eyes open etc. If your views or alliances are questioned such as Union affiliation or outlooks on certain co-workers etc., state you don't really know enough about the subject and don't take any position just yet. The time will come when it will be your duty to speak out about certain issues, but for now, LIE LOW. (I know you are aware of all of this-you seem like a smart kid.) Good Luck.40. 8)
I understand where you're coming from... and believe me... if the last year as an Aux has taught me anything... it's to understand my place on the food chain... :)

Thanks everyone... :D

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
mv577 said:
I understand where you're coming from... and believe me... if the last year as an Aux has taught me anything... it's to understand my place on the food chain... :)
Yeah its fun being chum for the sharks. Mike now you get to be the guppy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
congratulations Mike :thumbup: - is Ashland civil service ? seems like becoming an auxillary officer is a great way to get appointed to being a part time officer. where i work we have no auxillary or part time officers but it is my understanding that most departments that do, appoint the part timers to full time when a vacancy occurs. good luck !!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jimbo said:
congratulations Mike :thumbup: - is Ashland civil service ? seems like becoming an auxillary officer is a great way to get appointed to being a part time officer. where i work we have no auxillary or part time officers but it is my understanding that most departments that do, appoint the part timers to full time when a vacancy occurs. good luck !!
Thanks Jimbo... :)

Yup Ashland is Civil Service... go figure... :wink:

The Auxiliary Program in Wayland is top notch and has been a great place for me to start out... Any training / experience I have that may have helped in determining the outcome of my interview w/ APD I owe to them.... :thumbup:

Some may have mixed feelings about Aux Officers... but for someone truly wanting to start a career into Law Enforcement it's a perfect place to start... Just as long as you don't step on any shoes and "remember your place on the food chain" ;) the full timers I have met are more then willing to help and train you...

BTW... WAPD is accepting applications for Aux Officers... check out our website for more information

Wayland Auxiliary Police

Mike

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
I'm originally from Natick, and I can back what Mike is saying... Wayland is one of, if not the Best Auxiliary to join. They are an Elite unit when it comes to aux. They are active and receive some pretty interesting training. A GREAT place to start building an LE career.

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
mv577 said:
BTW... WAPD is accepting applications for Aux Officers... check out our website for more information
Mike gotta agree with you. Aux is a great place for those who are serious about being officers. You recieve a lot of training, and learn the "stuff" they don't teach in the academies.

But since Mike is trying to recruit a replacement or two for him, Let me sleaze in here also and line one up for me...

If Wayland is to far south for you come to the Haverhill Auxiliary Police Department
Application available On line @:HAPD.

:twisted: Sorry Mike I had to! :twisted:

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
congrats bro! as i sit here in the middle east, waiting to come home i like reading posts like yours- it keepsw me motivated and look forward to coming home!!! good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey everyone, I was just looking at both of those websites, wayland and haverhill, and I noticed that it said haverhill aux carries after four month porb. period and after qualifying w/the dept. firearms instructor and completion of mcjta. Is the training academy they send you to the R/I, or do they just send you to different inservice trainings? And how does wayland work? Is that the R/I academy? Im just looking to get a foot in the door and gain some experience, and it seems that auxiliary is the way to go since not many depts are hiring/sponsoring for the R/I in my area. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jeff

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
EOD1 said:
congrats bro! as i sit here in the middle east, waiting to come home i like reading posts like yours- it keepsw me motivated and look forward to coming home!!! good luck!
Thank you Sir!!!! and thank you for keeping my country free so that I can pursue this dream... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

Stay safe friend... and thank you again.. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jeff53339 said:
Hey everyone, I was just looking at both of those websites, wayland and haverhill, and I noticed that it said haverhill aux carries after four month porb. period and after qualifying w/the dept. firearms instructor and completion of mcjta. Is the training academy they send you to the R/I, or do they just send you to different inservice trainings? And how does wayland work? Is that the R/I academy? Im just looking to get a foot in the door and gain some experience, and it seems that auxiliary is the way to go since not many depts are hiring/sponsoring for the R/I in my area. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jeff
Hi Jeff... In Wayland you have to go through firearms training and pass the standard MCJTC Firearms Qualification... Wayland will not let you out on the road until so... It is set up through the department of course... and shot at their outdoor range in town... Our program ran for 6 weeks I believe... we did numerous drills and qualifications... low light, no light etc... MCJTC qual, MDOC qual, shotgun etc...

At the time you apply for WAPD you need to have your Class A LTC... or possibly in the middle of obtaining it... but that you'd have to clarify with them..

Good luck!!!

Mike

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can also vouch for the Wayland Aux. I spent roughly six months with them prior to being hired part-time in another town. My time there was truly well spent.

Ryan

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got back from my PAT... all set... should be anytime now :D

Ummm dats it... just excited to be through it all... thanks for listening 8)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wayland Aux PD

I have been researching various Auxiliary programs over the past several months and I have to say that Wayland definitely comes across as "high speed, low drag". Very professional. Very well trained. Very pro-active.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.