Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Now these college administrators just DON'T see it..... Or WON'T see it....

After perusing the articles written quoting administrative staff from both Regis and Lasell, It's quite evident to me that they are stressing the fact that its NOT THE STUDENTS...its outsiders, the student's guests ... etc...
Now from what I understand and remember from my days back in college is that students are held responsible for their visitor's actions. So in essence, the student is to be blamed as well. In one of the aforementioned college's case, I presume that not having a strict sign in policy hampers the efforts of police in determining who these people are visiting, since there is no record nor cooperation by students.

I don't understand why colleges keep allowing these assinine dances and invite everyone from off the streets. As for the college located in Auburndale, they continue to throw late night gatherings such as the Midnight Madness crap pep rally for the sports teams. Savage beasts that couldn't finish 11th grade let alone be granted acceptance to a college arrive for a free -for -all. And I am at my parents house the next day (abuts campus property) cleaning up beer bottles.

Factor in the alcohol consumption, outsiders, and territorial students who complain that nothing is being done for their safety yet, don't tell me how much beer I can store in my room or who I can bring on campus, and you got a disaster waiting to happen. Its been proven to be a bad mix. I know that most of the time these kids run their mouths looking to start a ruckus and when it gets ugly, which it usually does, they do the "not me" trick - and scurry to the Dean accusing the Campus Cops of not doing thier jobs.

I have confronted the Dean of Students recently and many times in the past about the alcohol problem and what is the college's plan to solve it. According to this principled woman, there isn't an alcohol problem and the bottles thrown in my family's yard just magically appeared there from an alien ship. I can blame her slothful attitude in regards to this serious problem for all of the negative press as of late.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
As a Campus PO I can tell you it's tough... It's very much a "damned if you don't and damned if you do" atmosphere. Administration always denies problems, it's bad for enrollment to acknowledge it and to correct it... that would cost money for more Officers and equipment.

Granted at Regis that was our first 300+ person meelee, but we've been having many other "events" occur over the past 2 years... but of course denial sets in. The Director knows there are problems and the VP knows there's problems...

According to the President its all "peachy keen". And like the article read, she sent out a "Supportive letter" to all students... ain't that sweet??... the woman is STUCK in the 1950's and has NO idea of today's realities!!. :x

·
Registered
968 Posts
hotel bravo 36delta said:
Now these college administrators just DON'T see it..... Or WON'T see it....

I have confronted the Dean of Students recently and many times in the past about the alcohol problem and what is the college's plan to solve it. According to this principled woman, there isn't an alcohol problem and the bottles thrown in my family's yard just magically appeared there from an alien ship. I can blame her slothful attitude in regards to this serious problem for all of the negative press as of late.
Hotel,

You hit the nail on the head. If this is how a Dean addresses a complaint from citizens in the community, I can only imagine what she turns her head at with regards to the school. As much as it angers me on how the administation handles the issues, nothing will change. It comes down to the all mighty dollar. These scumbag students are the blood of the school, without Mom and Dad's money.....there is no school. I do know that the schools will take action once these problems start effecting their pocketbooks. Mark my words, Sooner or Later (hopefully never), one of these students or their friends are going to either get seriously hurt or killed on campus......and then the lawsuits will happen. One sad note to add is when the problems get worse, you can bet your ass that it will be pointed at Law Enforcement and not Administration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a student at Lasell College, I have witnessed first hand the lack of responsibility the administration shows in regards to their students. In the incident that occured on campus during the Red Sox/Yankees series (I think early October?), two of the involved parties were seriously injured; enduring serious trauma to the head and chest areas. An email was distributed to the students to explain the incident and the actions that were to be taken by campus police and The Newton Police Department, along with explaining that there would be no guests at that particular dorm for a period of two weeks. Wow...what a stiff penalty.. more of a slap on the wrist and an encouragement for something like this to happen again. No new measures (that I know of) have been taken to track visitors and their hosts. In my opinion, this would also help in guarding against (or at least reduce) the many sexual assaults that happen here (as it does every campus) Unfortunately, this is also something that the Admistrators here like to sweep under the rug as well. Unacceptable. Just a side note...I don't blame campus police at all. They do their jobs the best they can. The students here complain because they don't want to take responsibility for their own actions, because they were never made to before. :sb:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Aux14, We're dealing with similar issues at my Campus... god forbid if they admit there MIGHT be a problem. Administrators like to think its all peachy keen. Denial is what it is. They fear of having parents consider the school unsafe. In my mind it wouldn't be unsafe if they put a couple extra bucks towards the Campus Police Dept and let them do their job. But god forbid if you lock up a student that commits a crime.

·
Registered
23 Posts
RPD931,
I have 3 suggestions for attempting to wake up administrators:
1. a death
2. a lawsuit
and if those two above don't work then try inserting a finger in their ass!!!
That should get their attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.