Reasons to keep your landline phone if u are thinking of going "All Wireless"
Stress the reliability of Verizon's network.
Talk a little bit about having a backup in case the cell phone is lost
the battery dies. Let them know that they can have their cell phone
directly on the home phone bill.
When a customer indicates they want to take their Verizon Landline TN
use on their cellular service
Help educate the customer what using only a cell service REALLY Means:
· 911 doesn't work from a cell
· No collect calls
· What about DSL/Internet Connections?
· No Directory Listings
· Unlimited incoming on your landline
· Need Unlimited LD? we have that "Freedom" Pkg
· Alarm Systems require landlines
· Hard for multiple family members to use one phone no extensions
· Battery needs to be charged
· What if phone is lost?
· Calling 800# uses airtime
· NO DA allowance like Verizon
· Have a home business?
· Cost? ? Cell is not cheap
· No Lifeline Discount
· Phone gets hot on long calls
What if you lose the charger?
I don't have problems with dropped calls(I think such problems are caused by a given phone model as opposed to the network), but I agree that Sprint has lousy customer service. I plan to switch to Nextel as soon as my contract with Sprint expires.