Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American loses another true hero...

It was reported today that Pat Tillman, the ex-NFL safety for the Arizona Cardnials (left a $3.6 million dollar NFL contract to serve our country) was killed Thursday while serving as an Army Ranger's soldier on a mission in southeastern Afghanistan.

God rest his soul.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/04/23/tillman.killed/index.html?cnn=yes

The link below is to the Arizona Cardinal's web-site which includes a tribute to Tillman.

http://www.azcardinals.com/index2.html

·
Registered
413 Posts
yea I just heard about this too...he's a true hero in my mind...not the bigwigs that make millions of dollars, but someone who foregoes these millions of dollars to help protect our country...may he RIP :cry:

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Yeah I was going to post this also. It makes me feel like all i have done and sacrificed for this country almost seem like its not enough. I have been upset lately because i am about to miss my 2 daughters first birthday and i will miss the next 2 after that, & there are people like Pat who will not be coming home. He is a true Patriot. Truely inspirational also. Did you notice in the article that he joined with his brother? Listen up gentle men ( and ladies) be safe on the road, tuck in your children and kiss your wife (or husband) and thank what ever deity you pray to that you have that oppurtunity. Thank you all for keeping my family safe!

·
Registered
413 Posts
yea, mr tillman and the rest of the US Military are the true heroes in my mind. These guys go out there, make next to no money while some of these selfish millionaires complain that they can't play because they got turftoe. It's like get over it buddy.

God Bless Mr. Tillman and the rest of the US Troops...the real American heroes :)

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Yeah know, i wouldn't say i make next to no Money. I make $72k/year (of course i make more than your average mitary member). Of course i didn't have a $3.6 million contract in front of me either. Of course you look at the sacrificies and the risks and it hardly seems worth it. But I don't do what i do for $, as i am sure that non of u sat back and had dreams of making it big as a Law Enforcement Officer. In my eyes i don't know if what i do actually defends democracy or keeps my family same. But you gentlemen and ladies that work selfless hours for not to much more than me you keep my family and everything i hold near and dear to my heart safe. You all are heroes in my book.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wonder if Ty Law read about him. Tillman turned down over three million to go fight, Ty Law makes triple that and wants more because he has to feed his family! although he was stopped driving a 2004 Mercedes. What a Jerk! There should be more stand up guys like Tillman, a true hero and role model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.