Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting the reserve academy at Reading tomorrow. Anybody have any good/ bad info about the academy, or and good tips?

Thanx

·
Registered
115 Posts
It will be long days in the classroom. you will spend most of your time in the classroom and go through all the different classes. They do a few hands on training. like a couple of DT classes. you have to pay for everything yourself. You have no driving classes in the reserve academy and you have to do the firearms training on your own time. LEt me know if you any other specific questions.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
You will definitely learn alot. Pay attention!!

Have fun with "Larry NERPI" (Larry Norman) :lol:

I miss the days of "So there I am at McGinty's..." :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first day went very well, and the instructor seemed good. He was a SGT. from Bedford. Larry Nerpi did not make any speeches today in my classroom.....All of the staff did however influence the parking restrictions !!!!

·
1,952 Posts
AntiCrime239 @ Sat 11 Sep said:
The first day went very well, and the instructor seemed good. He was a SGT. from Bedford. Larry Nerpi did not make any speeches today in my classroom.....All of the staff did however influence the parking restrictions !!!!
He's wicked funny. I forget his name but really good

·
1,334 Posts
I can't speak for the reserve academy there, but I was in the 9th MPOC Reading Academy that graduated in June of 2003. If some of the instructors that teach during the F/T academy also teach for the NERPI program it should be very educational. I was very pleased with the academy training there, but Larry does not run the F/T academy either.

The F/T academy director is very squared away and runs a rigid and efficient academy, basically no BS like some of the others, but I am not sure if she is involved with the reserve academy at all. Good luck...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.