Do you think this gun is cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What y'all think of my latest acquisition?

Attachments

·
8,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Delta784 said:
I still miss my trusty old S&W Model 10.
You got that right Delta!

Remember when you carried 18 rounds and just knew that was all you needed for any situation? That and the heavy barrel Model 10 was a baton all by itself
:wink:
I just went to MPTC Firearms Instructor school @ Dartmouth in June. I shot an old Model 10-6 (1962-1977) and shot 100x2 with my eyes closed and having to pee bad!

Attachments

·
Woggalicious!
277 Posts
Yep they'd skip right off of a windshield. You had a better chance of "stopping" a threat if you threw the damn gun at the bad guy. I'll take the Glock anyday over those useless anchors.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I love wheel guns,, but they are more like something I would carry on a hike in the woods,, I still love my SIG-PRO for duty though.

·
8,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I would have opted for the "L" frame for magnum use...though my first issued firearm was a S&W 65, .38 spc (bull barrel with fixed sights). My first revolver (personal) was a model 66 with micro-click adjustable rear/red ramp front sights, .357 magnum.

I blue-carded the .357 to my former bride. I currently carry a little S&W airweight five shot hammerless revolver, .38 spc, on my vest. I feed it +p ammo (Winchester Silvertip HP), 'cause chances are you'll only use it once...

Revolvers are still the "coolest"...and when it comes to automatics: 1911 rules, Glock/Sig/Berretta et al drools. period.

·
8,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Neat!
The "L" frame will probably be one of those revolvers that never dies. It's hard to argue a beefy framed .357 with medium frame grips sucks.
;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.