Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I think you should relax and do the locomotion.

Yeah, that sucked, but I'm tired. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the past couple of decades the Railroad PDs in the area have either drastically downsized or been disbanded all together. It lead me to wonder, where did all those cops go? I know there weren't all THAT many to begin with, and I'm sure a number were able to retire (and the RR pension has always been known to be a good one) but that still leaves many simply unemployed.

Conrail became CSX, but I believe they only have maybe 3 cops in Mass.
B&M has morphed so many times I can't keep it straight, but I know they're down to only a few.
Providence and Worcester disbanded.

Amtrak is of course still around, but I doubt they took all those guys ending up out of work. I also know that the T picked up a few B&M guys, but that was a long time ago and it was ONLY a few.

Anyone with any insight? I'm just curious as all hell.

Thank you.
Conrail Police Was Out Of Boston Mass We Had 17 Special Agents CSX Came To Town Let Everyone Go But A few and they are gone, One Agent Left Know How They CSx gets away with it another story. Some went to Amtrak P.D. rest went on with there lives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When the MBTA took over the rail lines North of Boston into North Station from B&M to make the Commuter Rail, it took away work from the B&M cops. Obscure RR laws stated that if one place takes work from another via buyout or other means, they must take employees also. Special legislation was passed so that a dozen B&M cops (by seniority) came to the T Police via civil service without benefit of a test.

I know of 1 ConRail cop who went to Amtrak PD when they became CSX via this route as well but no legislation needed because Amtrak isn't CS. There may have been others but there weren't too many to begin with.

Wasn't there a Grafton & Upton RR Police in the Route 2 area which had cops a while back? Went to MCJTC academy too and there was some thread on it in Masscops V1.0

2 from Conrail Police Went To Amtrak-(Olivio & Kervin both long retired know.

·
Super Moderator
7,170 Posts
Old thread...but I didn't even know Conrail had a PD. It makes sense they would have.

I actually saw a Conrail car rolling on a train a few years ago and was surprised it was still around and hadn't been painted over.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Holy 2010! I spoke to the Chief at Pan Am (Boston & Maine) last year, nice guy. They have 6 guys around New England. Wonder what will happen to them now that CSX is buying PA.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,768 Posts
Holy 2010! I spoke to the Chief at Pan Am (Boston & Maine) last year, nice guy. They have 6 guys around New England. Wonder what will happen to them now that CSX is buying PA.
SEE!?!?
Thats wicked pissah intel buddy! Thanks for sharing. Are they still in Iron Horse Park in Billerica? Do they still have a coffee machine out at the Springfield Terminal? Wayyyyyy back in the 80's I used to work with these guys as a secret-squirrel federal officer with MIB-like authority.

BTW.......

Reactions: CCCSD

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I now must find where the Pan Am (B&M) Police are and take a ride in the very near future and beg a patch.

2010, wow, it seems like only 11 years ago.

Reactions: CCCSD
41 - 47 of 47 Posts