Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what brand of radio's mobile and portable officers prefer?
I personally like Motorola especially the HT1000's those are great radios. :D

·
Registered
561 Posts
HT1000 probably... the HT1250's are a step up (LCD screen showing a text channel name and some other features), but they are not as durable as the 1000's. I would have to say Motorola all the way, any model... proven reliability!

-Mike

·
Registered
334 Posts
tomahawk said:
HT1000 probably... the HT1250's are a step up (LCD screen showing a text channel name and some other features), but they are not as durable as the 1000's. I would have to say Motorola all the way, any model... proven reliability!

-Mike
Yeah, Mike, the HT1000 were great, right up until they disappeared from the supply room! :evil:
I like the HT1250's a lot. They have some real cool features and when we bought them we paid about half what we paid for the HT1000's.
I liked the GP 300's too. Pretty basic, nothing cool, but tough as heck. I dropped one out the 3rd floor of a building one time trying to control a 320 lb postictal siezure kid :D . I went down to get it, and it still worked - not even a scratch!!!!!!!!!!

·
Subscribing Member
4,315 Posts
We had Ht-1000 and Visars. All the officers received Ht-1250s take home with all the bells and whistles. I worked for another department where I had a Motorola Saber III Astro (nice radio). At one time we had Standards and some of those older huge Motorolas (bricks).

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't forget about the MT2000 radios's with full keypad and lcd. Great radio tons of signaling options :D

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
PJM#15 said:
Don't forget about the MT2000 radios's with full keypad and lcd. Great radio tons of signaling options :D
I would be happy with a portable that doesn't eat the whole battery 5 hours into the shift.

Kenwood Tk250 :x

·
Registered
447 Posts
We have Motorola CommandPlus for the base unit and Motorola mobile and portables. The new batteries for the portables only last 6 hours and that is only if the officers turn them off until they get out of the cruiser. Also we lost our FCC license a while back (DO NOT ASK) so we are borrowing a frequency from a town North of us. This is causing major interference issues and eveyone is having a hard time receiving and transmitting. The problem will be fixed when we get a new frequency.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gil wrote:
I would be happy with a portable that doesn't eat the whole battery 5 hours into the shift.
That why you need to carry three batteries like me :lol:
As far as the Kenwoods go I think there good for door stops! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.