Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I know there's a radar detector thread someplace else on the board but I was wondering if anyone had any stories about the radar scramblers they were selling a few years ago. Supposedly they can screw the radar unit into displaying false readings. Anyone have any experience in this?

Jon

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
There are various types but most fall into two categories, active and passive with sub categories for laser and radar.

More than a few states have made them illegal for use and illegal for ownership..
The laser jammers diffuse the laser by saturating the area where most lasers are pointed with a bunch of IR visual "noise". The more popular radar jammers send "pings" back to the detectors that change the reading via time delay response.

Short version, the active lasers put out a bunch of IR junk, the active radar jammers put out a lot of doppler pulses to confuse the guns.
At some point the next generation radar/laser guns will have "signature" doppler or signature IR laser...and will ONLY pay attention to a like signal coming back.

Oddly some of this technology as well as cell phone scrambler technology is saving lives in Iraq, these systems can be augmented to confuse laser detonated tip mine, and scramable signals to cell detonated IED's.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Hey SOT you are referring to the citadel. Technology is great when used for a purpose that saves lives!

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Any of them, centurion, scimitar, carSAFE, H.A.W.A.K...what ever it takes to be safe..
Predator is good too...any of the ECM systems that does the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.